GreaseSpot Cafe

Chris Geer and the POP meeting

topoftheworld

I would like to say something about that letter and how I was treated because of my reaction to it.

We had just moved to Munster Indiana. Not yet unpacked. We had not been to or held a fellowship in our home for several years-- we had been holding back since I had sent Martindale some confrontational correspondence much earlier. We got the letter in the mail, and like a lot of folks, I was ticked off that I felt I was being put on the spot to make a choice. Then again, I did note the letter was written to those on full time staff positions. But I questioned why then was a copy of staff correspondence being sent to me?

So... I had a gyn appointment with Dr. Rawlins there in Munster. I go in, have the exam, we chit chat, then she asks me: What did I think about Martindale's letter?

I told her I felt it was wrong to put people on the spot who were not on staff, and to send such a letter to folks on the field.

She slammed her appointment book closed, walked out of the room, and yelled to the nurse, "Give her the 'bum's rush."

Which I was promptly given. And she charged me double-- I paid cash and she billed my insurance.

Lots o' love there, huh?

And by the way-- yes, good men do evil things.

But evil men also do good things. Like the German SS officer and his wife who kissed their children just before poisoning them in Hitler's bunker...

Still doesn't make them "Parents of the Year."

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic