GreaseSpot Cafe

Psalmie Update..................

WhiteDove

Hey All:

I heard from our favorite piggie this afternoon she said to let you know she had the surgery done Friday.

She is feeling a little pigasso3.gif right now.

She wanted me to let you all know that the surgery went well and to thank you for your prayers on her behalf. One small glitch in the surgery she said:

The surgery went well--although the Novocain hadn't taken effect enough before they did the first cut! I was in a twilight sleep, so it took a few garbled words before they understood! :o :blink: :angry:

pigcry.gif OUCH..........

I told her maybe the Doc had to skip lunch and was making a little Ham sandwich to tide him over.

She wont be around for a few days since she is having a little vision trouble but she has a laptop to use when she is seeing better and a pile of food next to her bed. (Course she would not know which of the three of you to hit! Right Now) She said the pain is pretty strong--in spite of a strong pain meds.

Ok That's It ! On with the Pork Jokes.......

Psalmie's favorite Christmas Song this Year: I'll be Stoned for Christmas

Psalmie update Today 12/23

She has spent the week mostly in bed,and said Every time she gets up to sit in a regular chair with the leg down, it swells up and throbs! The foot is still hurting alot also.

Oh yes and she had this mesage for you all also:

I have been storing up a buncha pies--at least 3 of each--cept it seems I can only pick up the middle one of each! But I'll be in to throw em as soon as I can--practicing batting with crutches.

Merry Pigmas!!!!!

Edited by WhiteDove

Merry Pigmas!!!!!

Merry Pigmas to you too!!!

Hey Psalmie --- I wuz gonna throw this one at ya,

but since you are *under the weather*,

(as you can see -- ) I took a slice

And decided to keep it for myself!!

Uhmmmmmm!!!!

Key_Lime_149_ezr.jpg

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Edited by dmiller

Psalmie update 12/28/05

Hey Guys it appears that she fell today trying to get on the couch and jammed her toes. The ankle is swelling again. She goes to see the Dr. tomorrow so could you keep her in your thoughts and prayers that she has not re-injured herself. Thanks ......

Now where is that rope at, cause I'm tying her to the couch till tomorrow for her own good.

Update 12/29/05

They took Xrays today and she didn't break anything or damage the ankle, does have some nasty bruising on the toes and foot, and that is quite swollen. It gets worse! today she tells me the "good" leg I pulled a muscle in my thigh as I fell. So looks like she is finally grounded . She also said she looked in today for a minute but could not post so she wanted me to tell you thanks for the good wishes. And David she thought it was hilarious that you found a song titled Pig Ankle Rag!

Oh yeah and some thing about mud pies when she gets better..............

I know "Pig Ankle Rag"...and "Dill Pickle Rag", but my favorite is "Cotton Patch Rag".

As soon as I can find a dancin' partner, you can then play "Westphalia Waltz", then "Ookpik Waltz".

Westphalia is my very, very, very favorite, though.

Get well, Psalmie and save the pecan pie for me.

Edited by Ron G.

Great to hear you are doing well psalmie ......... really great no broken bones darling.

I have to go feed my own piglets .........

I have Daddy Piglet, Adolescent Piglet and Doberman Piglet ............... I live amongst all male pigs these days .................. hmmmmmmmmm

O well I am really stuck in the mire now ........

Bless you psalmie ............... prayers said

Digi

SLING! FLING! SPLAT!! SPLOOT! SPLASH! PLOP! SPROING! oops!

There! I've been saving all that for a few weeks! That's mudpies (Cuz I ate all the good ones-- couldn't lettem go to waste ya know!), spaghetti sauce, jello and old stale christmas cookies :D :biglaugh::who_me: :P

My aim's off a bit, though, cuz I'm using the crutches to bat all this stuff-- sorry 'bout the walls, Paw :redface2:

I'm not really back for good, I'm still having trouble getting around--the cast comes off Friday, and I get a walking boot then. At that time, I can start walking-- with a crutch--very light weight on the ankle, the Dr says it'll take about three weeks to get to the point of walking without the crutches. My family helped me downstairs this morning and I'll be here all day--it takes a lot of effort to get anywhere. My good leg hurts really badly still--I think it's a combination of the fall and all the stress on it from having to use it for all my weight. (That one is another "sloppy joint" both my hips and shoulders move around too much in the sockets--not a dislocarion, but they do move more than they should and it stresses the joint--I will NEVER go to get either hip fixed, though--not after experiencing this operation!) The ankle itself finally doesn't hurt, the non-broken toe still throbs.

My advice to anyone who may need a surgery like this--make sure you're in good shape beforehand--I had done some light excersizing beforehand, but I was not strong enough to do the crutches too much. My hips and shoulders don't "dislocate" (I know that isn't the correct term, but I don't know the right one-- they "move too much in their sockets"), when I have worked out with weights.

My hubby and I still like each other-- we each had our own meltdown day, but we've been considerate and much kinder than we would've been a few years ago! That is a miracle, too!

I appreciate all your well-wishes and prayers. I might get back in here this weekend.

WhiteDove-- I guess I should be nice to ya for updating everyone-- I'll TRY! heeheehee! :biglaugh: