GreaseSpot Cafe

Eyewitnesses:twi 1985...your stories?

WordWolf

On 12/31/2005 at 1:11 PM, GrouchoMarxJr said:

...I recall that cryptic message in the middle of the night. I remember thinking at the time that Veepee was only 68 or 69...what happened to the great mog's believing? A time of sadness and confusion.

and I also attended that first roa after Veepee's death. rascal got it right...it was one depressing affair. I left after day two...it was the last time I was ever there...

...Of course, the death of grifter Vic was the beginning of the "fog years". Everything unraveled...I left twi in 1987. When the time came to leave, I knew it was the right thing to do...no question about it.

For many of us, when Wierwille died, it was almost like a bubble bursting...an awakening...we began to see what had really been going on. For me, "the fog years" were really just the opposite of that...the fog had lifted and what I saw was damn ugly.

GM, you are so right!  For me, the fog started to lift after VPW died.  Quite frankly, I didn't care; he wasn't my relative.  I had no idea of what he was really like until years after he died; what an evil POS.  I finally left in 1988, after I had been in for 10 years.  Never for one minute, did I miss it.