GreaseSpot Cafe

Vertigo

Dot Matrix

well i didn't read it all, i scrolled down to the pictures :)

it sounds like a chiropractor for aligning your cranial bones (22 of 'em)

i've always had a problem with my bite because i'm such a grinder - have been since i was little

i've been treated for TMJ

i always have neck problems

i feel like i wish i could get my skull aligned !!!!

I went to a cranial therapist. It was odd. Now, this person touched my head where I had a head ache and BAM it was gone. Like theraputic touch. She charges $125.00 per hour but she did me as a sample.

She said I needed more treatment -- but I do not have that kind of money at this time.

Very interesting stuff! I have a tooth where a root canal was done and the dentist perforated the root. resulting in repeat infections in the jaw. (That is the explanation given to me by a different dentist as to why the tooth still hurts after a root canal--and it makes enough sense-- they showed me the Xray of the perforation) We can't afford to get a bridge or a post and i don't want to just have the tooth pulled--I am already missing a lower molar on the other side. It would make chewing meats or crunchy stuff very difficult, since I already can't chew these on the side w/ the missing tooth.

I have also had occasional vertigo and something called "optical migraine". There is no pain with that, just a flittering light in the perifery (sp?) of my vision. It really affects my vision, and if I am driving, I have to pull over til it passes. (Smae side as the sore tooth, too) I wonder if that is related? It would be interesting to see a Craniodontist--not that it would be something I could afford, but I still think it's a practice that makes sense.

Dot,

To get a partial for that area (removeable bridge, in case I have the terms incorrect), the dentist told me would be about $2000. We have no insurance, so I keep living with it. If I was able to do it, I would get a post and crown (I think that's waht it is-- a permanent false tooth) And that would be about $3000.

Not gonna happen anytime soon, ya know? LOL! No dental schools around here, either, so it's probably going to boil down to having it pulled and living with the gap, eventually.

WOW

The root canal and cap that was done and redone came to a few thousand after all the mistakes etc. I wish I had done a bridge.

The dental insurance is a joke, they pay HALF of what THEY think it should cost. My cap was aroun $700.00. They said we think it should only be $400.00 So they paid $200.00 and the insurance was more than what it paid.

Guess we need an old fashion Piggy bank

I have a major medical university here with a dental school .

I would not reccomend students you take a chance on anew learner, but they told me it would be 12-14oo just for a crown after I have had all the root canal and work done.

I had it pulled no I didnt want it pulled but teeth are expensive I have insurance now thank God. dental paid in full.

of course not when I had issues. l

I had a cap put on a tooth and got vertigo after. If you take a piece of ink paper in your mouth bite down and look in the mirror you can see where all of your teeth are hitting. Most likely that tooth is taking an uneven load. You need someone who specializing in reshaping the teeth. Your dentists wont' say theres a problem because then he has to replace the crown at his cost. This can also happen with regular fillings being done wrong and can throw off your bite. check out http:\\www.austindental.com\tmj.shtml they explain it so its easy to understand. Be real careful who you choose to fix it they understand about reshaping teeth or they can make the vertigo worse. Also try typing in Balanced Jaw and they will show how a bite being thrown off by your dentist can cause this and many other problems. Hope this helps