GreaseSpot Cafe

Prophecy gone Awry

Eagle

I prophecied that the Sea Hawks would win the Super Bowl.

Eagle,

You’ve become a false prophet? Congratulations! You are now qualified to be a limb coordinator, the head of your own splinter group, the host of “The 700 Club,” or a men-are-gods-with-creative-ability whackjob on TBN.

Edited by Cynic

I really like to hear the bible lessons that spirit and truth has formaly CES, but I could never get involed cause I think that what they call prophecy is EXACTLY like you descibe a fifty fifty chance and you were wrong so what are the odds what one of those numb nuts say is going to make my dreams come true?

so sad isnt it?

I know I know the bible says we are suppose to..

I still do not get it.

bad christian I suppose.

I really like to hear the bible lessons that spirit and truth has formerly CES, but I could never get involved cause I think that what they call prophecy is EXACTLY like you descibe a fifty fifty chance and you were wrong so what are the odds what one of those numb nuts say is going to make my dreams come true?

Question -- (if I may) -- since when does prophecy *make your dreams come true*?

I once had a *personal prophecy* given to me by someone I had known for 2 hours.

No -- he was not CES, splinter group, etc. (and yes he was a trinitarian - which I am not), and he nailed me to the wall with what he had to say.

He didn't make my dreams come true, but he did tell me where I was lacking.

Like I say -- I met him 2 hours before he did this thing, and it wasn't *gratification* - believe me.

I haven't done any studies about prophecy in the OT, but I am willing to bet that most are not *making the dreams of Isreal* come true.

Somehow -- I think the same applies today, to us. (just my IMO)

I just do not get the point.

I believe if God almighty creator of the heavens and the earth and the one who formed man from dust can tell me quite well anything I may need to know. Just why exactly do I need a dude or some WOG to share?

Yes indeed I have seen strange and FREAKY things said and believed in these types of advertisments for Holyness.

I hear an attitude , I know I know.

given I had the attitude I do not suppose I could "receive with meekness".

always a problem.

You say He "nailed it".

do not understand that really not, is what your saying is he told you something you already knew about your life ? and it was amazing?

nah I rather they didnt know or rather guess at my life.

I Know I know bad christian.

like I said I just do not get it.

You say He "nailed it".

do not understand that really not, is what your saying is he told you something you already knew about your life ? and it was amazing?

Hey there Pond.

Yea -- I did find it amazing that he said what he did, since he didn't know me from Adam.

And the gist of the *prophecy* (there - I put it in quotes for you!) was of a reproof nature.

It was kind of a *get back on track* type of thing.

So here's a guy telling me where I needed to improve, and the point of it all was to

add that extra *impetus* (for me) to do what I knew I should have been doing all along,

even though I wasn't.

Kinda like some of the prophecies the Isrealites received in the OT.

They got em, and could either change or keep screwing up.

That's what mine was.

That's all. :)

(PS -- I'm skeptical myself about some of the *prophecies* I hear these days,

but that doesn't mean I discount them all.)