GreaseSpot Cafe

Separation from God

Well...yes...I knew that... :D ...so I guess I didn't make myself very clear...maybe my question should be...

What does separation from God mean?

Isa 59:1 Behold, the LORD's hand is not shortened, that it cannot save, or his ear dull, that it cannot hear;

Isa 59:2 but your iniquities have made a separation between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you so that he does not hear.

Isa 59:3 For your hands are defiled with blood and your fingers with iniquity; your lips have spoken lies, your tongue mutters wickedness.

As shown in the above passage, it doesn't mean that God has removed Himself from you, rather you have removed yourself from Him. Mentally you are not listening and not heeding -- you go your own way in your own pride and deceit.

What does separation from God mean?

Some Reformed thinkers (e.g. Van Til) have somewhat seemed to limit their notions about fallen man's separation from God to a separation that is ethical in character.

Wierwille's characterization of fallen man's separation from God, however, emphasized the absence of a means of communication between God and fallen man.

In Wierwille's PFAL version of redemptive history, therefore, Christ's sacrifice became emphasized as the means of restoring communication between God and man, rather than as the propitiation of the wrath of the holy, sin-punishing-rather-than-overlooking God.

Edited by Cynic

yeah good post Cynic-that says what twi taught via VPW's direction

man no longer had Spirit, God is Spirit, so he no longer had God

another lie from a confused man

an inner spiritual view of what seems to be something that is physical

would reveal that the Garden and the Holy Spirit and God are not separated from man

the Son of God, Christ, is not separate from God

Jesus Christ-the same yesterday, today and forever

how can this be-a surface look reveals little

a spiritual approach to what really was happening, is happening and will happen

would be the most beneficial approach to something that is spiritual

Life is spiritual

Edited by CM