GreaseSpot Cafe

TWI Staffers: Snooze Zone?

skyrider

When I was on staff at hq.....some 25 years ago.....there were Ambassador One flights, witnessing weekends, way production concerts, a high country caravan series, video filming projects, vendors luncheons, hundreds of interim corps each block, wow promotions and mailings, international outreach summer school, new building projects, etc. etc. etc. A 65-hour work week was about normal.

Today........what could possibly keep those staffers busy?

The way rag seems to be rehashed.

No research department.....no roa......no emporia campus.....no rome city campus.

The corps program is in gunny-sack....and all but dead.

By some estimates, there are only about 2500 active "members" in twi......and about 280 (??) staffers.

Seems like innies on the field keep leaving twi.........but most hq staffers stay (and pray) to keep job.

I dunno.....maybe twi NEEDS more accountants and security guards to protect their interests.

Does twi now allow their hq staffers a nap time after their lunch?????

:sleep1::sleep1::sleep1:

OMG, Skyrider!! You just created quite the coffee spew! I can just see all the staffers being shuffled out of the cafeteria after their mandatory lunch break together and into the next room where there are pallets laid out on the floor and the lights are dim.

Everyone moves to their assigned mat and lays in the approved position for "household nappy time" while Linder and one other "special" security detail person (maybe even my ex), walk around and make sure everyone is napping or at least has their eyes closed for the whole time. :sleep1::sleep1::confused:

Yeah, Belle......an assigned area for napping OR the osc office workers can return to their comfy chairs and doze while singing ladies of the way is playing as background music.

Besides......lowering the lights for another hour saves $$$.

And............it's an inside "perk" for an aging staffer that others don't have.

And............it keeps one lulled into submission.

And............it helps the security guys get extra rest for their hectic night schedules.

And............rosa-lie is at that retirement age anyways.

And............its behind closed doors and the believer's abs pays for the salaries.

And............few ever visit twi anymore except at a sunday service, if that.

But.............this might all be hearsay and speculation on my part.

:biglaugh::biglaugh:

The analogy about the staffers napping on pallets brought to mind the pictures of the Heaven's Gate group mass suicide, where the members put cloth over their faces after drinking the KoolAid (or whatever...) eeery!

I was on staff less than 10 years ago - back then it seemed like a lot of busy work thrown in with a lot of real work. I was in a fun department, in my opinion, and we had a blast. It was Food Services. I thought it was going to be horrible, but I worked with some great people and would give anything to have that much fun at work today. I wasn't there long, tho, but if I could separate my job from my personal life while I was there it would have been considered a sweet time.

The thing I found odd about staff was there was some serious prima donnas there. People who were 'untouchables'. I remember standing next to one of the Singing Ladies one day in a line, and said, "Hi! How are you?" to her. She heard me. I got a blank, cold stare back. No real response. Later I was told she was like that with almost everyone. Certainly not the way she seemed when she was on stage - all smiles, etc. There were others like that, too. People you'd sit next to at a meal and they'd just talk over you, ignore you. Heck, I had met friendlier people in airports than I met on staff at times - and anyone who knows me knows I'm not hard to befriend and am pretty easy going...

So, they're busy dusting the tops of refrigerators, putting on fake smiles, and being their own big fish in a mud puddle... Whoop-dee-doo!

After looking at RoyalGorge's videos I'd say they definitely have plenty of room for the nappy time implementation. :yawn1: Maybe the plan is to get them used to nappy time and then to slowly introduce drinks of kool-aid before nappy time and just when everyone is lulled into an even more false sense of security.....BAM! out comes the really good kool-aid. :evilshades:

I'm sorry, that was really bad, wasn't it? :who_me: The odd thing is that it just doesn't seem that far fetched to me.