GreaseSpot Cafe

Dial Up VS High Speed

topoftheworld

I use Crap Cleaner too. http://www.ccleaner.com/

Great little program IMO

I also use Fire Fox as my browser along with the Thunder Bird Mail. I think that Fire Fox stops most pop-ups which will just fry a hard drive in time. I do once a month clean everything off my puter internet related. Fire Fox is very easy so you can choose what to wipe off your hard drive that is internet related. I also think Fire Fox is a much faster browser.

For spy ware a good free program is ad aware. It works pretty well.

http://www.lavasoft.com/

Download the "Personal" one. I know that is free.

Of course don't forget to Defrag your hard drive. I do mine once a month after I have deleted everything that I don't want on my inernet things and hard drive.

Edited by justloafing

well personally i haven't seen a need to switch to firefox, but i know when some people are having problems, the techs sometimes will say to load firefox. and firefox will work when ie doesn't for some reason.

and for popups i have google's basic toolbar which has a very good popup blocker and autofill which i use. plus a few other goodies on it i like. like type in a phone number in googles toolbar and you get info and maps to that location

CM Have you ever seen Fire Fox? Seems like you know what you are doing on a puter. If you have not and ever have the time you may want to download it and try it. It moves everything over from IE for you too ie. favorits. I still have my IE just in case. There are a few things but very few that don't work with Fire Fox. I think I have used IE maybe twice since I loaded Fire Fox last spring. The Thunder Bird Mail.... I could take it or leave it.