GreaseSpot Cafe

Sopranos New Season Starts Tonight

So where are we going? I feel like there is a continuation of last year ( I guess technically its a continuation of the same year) Johnny Sack is dead, Little Carmine is opting out, Phil seems to want revenge against Tony, The New York Clan is rudderless in a shambles and running way too loose. Tony (via Carmela's interpretation of Cleaver) is questioning Christopher, yet was named Chris's childs Godfather (nice touch to end having war drums beating during the church ceremony...).

It feels more and more as if the whole series is a search for identity, mostly centered in Tony but with almost everyone in the series

Bobby Bacalla didnt really do a clean hit in Canada, and has way too much of a conscience for that sort of thing, the FBI is building a RICO case on the gun charge ( Tony also has a new automatic weapon in his possession which complicates that matter..). I dont trust Janice as far as I can throw her. Carms ....ed at Tony because of Chris's movie ( which is not detined to win too many academy awards), AJ's girlfriend is alittle to annoying to last too much longer. Tony owes Doc a reminder for using Silvio as a screen and there is also a terrorist angle at Tony's ports.

Tony's feeling his age, and with Johnny and Carmine gone, is the last of the line of the old school and knows it....and what was that blip with Melfi's psychiatrist watching the news all about?

I dunno where this is all going ---anybody?--its gotta eventually be somrthing about those ducks

Edited by mstar1

• 2 weeks later...

I saw Adia Turturro (janice) on TV the other Morning and she slipped and mentioned hoping to be around for "the Movie" So I don't think they can kill everybody... I think, with this in mind, it will end with Tony in Deep Doodoo and we will have to wait til next year for the movie to see what happens

• 1 month later...