GreaseSpot Cafe

Sopranos New Season Starts Tonight

Yep, I'll be there.

I was all settled into the "and things will carry on as normal" theme that they seemed to wrap up last season with, as Tony snuck back into his house sans gun and soaked from his flight.

After killing Adrian, that just seemed the typical "they'll never get caught" out.

Now we will see what the writers come up with. One thing about the show-sometimes the first run through doesn't settle quite right...you may need the second.

Can't wait.

The ending sure was an unexpected event. It makes me wonder how the rest of the season will go. It was a great episode though IMHO. I'm going to enjoy it.

Doesn't it make you sick that Carmella acknowledges that Tony does terrible things, yet she is more than willing to use his power to get what she wants. I don't like her. She isn't the innocent mafia wife. She knew what she was getting into, and she likes it as long as it conveniences her.

Some of the highlights of Season One: Tony had a family of ducks come spend time in his pool, and seeing the closeness of the duck brood-just the mirror opposite of his own family-is what started his panic attacks and the visits to a shink. 'Course, he didn't tell Carmilla that his shrink was a woman.

Carmilla's priest liked to visit with a lot of ladies in his parrish-he got a lot of free meals that way. When Carm's guilt started getting her down, the priest paid more attention. This attention ended with a close encounter at her house after the priest gave her communion and then proceeded to get drunk.

Tony's mom is a horror: not one good thing ever comes out of her mouth unless she's speaking to the grandchildren. She's also playing senile to Tony, while cozying up to Junior Soprano and feeding him ideas on managing both Tony and the Family affairs.

And, yes, Tony has a full time mistress named Isabella.

I think that the next few weeks are going to be a flashback of the last year as Tony hangs on the edge of death...They have to to fill in all the blanks.... too much has happened that we haven't been told... Strange how we didn't actually see Adriana get shot last season... they always have shown the bloody, gorry dead bodies after whacking them..I wonder if she was somehow spared? oh well more to come tomorrow at 9 Be there or be square!!! :evilshades:

Tom, Wafer brought up the innocent thing. And about the girlfriend, I was discussing highlights from season one. Yeah, you need a frigging scorecard to keep up with the girlfriends and flings and whatever else Tony plays at through the series.

Maybe a bullet in his gut will keep him down for a while (hehe).

Oh-better-maybe Carmelia will take over the family. I mean, she obviously doesn't want to lose what she got! :evildenk:

About Adriana, we only heard her get shot. We'll have to wait to see what becomes of that one.

Last night's show was kinda weird with Tony's dreams and the exchanged ID with Kevin Finnerty. I had to laugh because I live in Kingman, Arizona, and there really is a Stockton Hill Road. It is the major road running through town.

The scene with the monks was kind of surreal. I guess the whole dream was meant to be, but it was just weird. At least with his other dreams (Carmella driving the carm and Ralph Ciparettto with a butterfly on his head), it made more sense because there were connections to his dreams.

I always try to pay attention to the backgrounds in his dream sequences... but I just wanted them to get on with the story... the hospital scenes (the real ones) and the squabbling amongst the guys... just don't get why we have to sit through the dream sequences unless Chase is trying to set us up for "Tony never really wanted to be in this business"...

Yeah, Tom-that's what I was thinking: what would his life be like if he was just an ordinary working stiff? Having the monks attack him and then hurting himself falling down the stairs seems to make a point that his life was fated to be a volient one.

BTW-was it just me, but did the voice on the phone sound like Adrian? It sure didn't sound like Carmela.

None of the phone voices sounded familiar. I don't think it was portrayed as his real family. I think it was all meant to be alien to him and us, the viewers. Maybe it goes along with if Tony really didn't want to be in the mob, he would have had a different family.

What if AJ ends up killing Uncle Junior? I think in that scenario Tony would fink out the NYC mob to save his son and then they all go in the witness protection program. Of course, it would be a lame ending that way. It would be like everyone dying at the end of Six Feet Under.

I really like the Sopranos but I think I grew to like Six Feet Under better... Chase is going to have to really tie this all together to get them back to number one... of course, there's no problem with them being one-A and one-B...

I'm thinking this might be one of those "set up" episodes that will make more sense as the season goes along... maybe it'll be the name of the "new" fed that is on his family since the other guy is in terrorism now... or the name of him (or someone else in the witness protection program)...

Since we didn't actually see Adriana get killed, maybe Silvio is giving info the feds and he just faked killing Adriana. The scenes on that episode were so confusing to me. Remember when it showed Adriana driving down the road by herself? Maybe her death is a coverup.

• 4 months later...

Just an update. The new "last" season of eight episodes is now set for March 2007-a long time to wait!!!!

Weird way to end last season-with everybody snug and happy under the Christmas tree. Maybe they will make last year a dream sequence.

I think Carmella will wind up killing Tony. It seems only fitting.

• 8 months later...

excellent opener..

.I predict... Bobby is Toast Tony Takes him out with the machine Gun that bobby gave him for his birthday after he rats him out to the RCMP for his laundry room hit...the kid that found the gun is toast...Janice is toast (carmella will whack her) Christopher will OD after his latest venture fails...Junior dies of natural causes (big mob funeral) Tony will Whack Phil..The FBI will loose the predicate act when the kid who found the gun drowns in a pool during a party. Tony and AJ will become best friends and partners..Tony will finally "do" Dr. Melfi. After Carmella commits suicide rather than face trial for killing Janice..Tony will marry Dr. Melfi..fade to black :confused::confused: