GreaseSpot Cafe

Craig and VPW's Disorder

Belle

In my opinion - this is what these guys could be diagnosed as having. THIS is why I think that, unless craig wants help, Freud would do well to just let craig be and to keep his family far away from him, because when the xanax wears off and he's no longer "numb" he will be back to his same old tricks:

What is NPD (Narcissistic Personality Disorder)?

From the NEIRR

It is described as an all-pervasive pattern of grandiosity (in fantasy or behavior), need for admiration or adulation and lack of empathy. It usually begins by early adulthood and is present in various contexts.

1. Feels grandiose and self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents to the point of lying, demands to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements);

“The narcissist is prone to magical thinking. He thinks about himself in terms of ‘being chosen’ or of ‘having a destiny’. …He believes that his life is of such momentous importance, that it is micro-managed by God. … religion allows the narcissist to feel unique.”

Craig and his sports analogies – bragging about playing college level foot ball

“I could be the CEO of a Fortune 500 Company!!”

Teaching “Do you see it? Well, I do!” as if that’s enough for it to be “true”

Bragging about kicking the crap out of “homos”

“I’ll run the whole ministry all by myself without you stupid WC if I have to”

2. Is obsessed with fantasies of unlimited success, fame, fearsome power or omnipotence, unequalled brilliance (the cerebral narcissist), bodily beauty or sexual performance (the somatic narcissist), or ideal, everlasting, all-conquering love or passion;

“The narcissist is haunted by the feeling that he is possessed of a mission, of a destiny, that he is a part of fate, of history. He is convinced that his uniqueness is purposeful, that he is meant to lead, chart new ways, to innovate to modernize, to reform, to set precedents, to create. Every act is significant, every writing of momentous consequences, every thought of revolutionary calibre. He feels part of a grand design, a world plan and the frame of affiliation, the group, of which he is a member, must be commensurately grand.”

Comparisons to Joshua, anyone?

Comparisons to Paul, anyone?

Being “hand picked” by vee pee

Athletes of the Spirit

Doing away with everything vee pee started to “forge his own way”

Leading folks into “The Promised Land”

3. Firmly convinced that he or she is unique and, being special, can only be understood by, should only be treated by, or associate with, other special or unique, or high-status people (or institutions);

Kicking the WC Alumni from the 200 mile radius around HQ

Be ye not unequally yoked…

Reserving the whole top floor of the Wyndham and using the back hallways for the staff so that he wouldn’t have to be bothered by the “riff raff”.

4. Requires excessive admiration, adulation, attention and affirmation – or, failing that, wishes to be feared and to be notorious (Narcissistic Supply);

“In short: the group must magnify the narcissist, echo and amplify his life, his views, his knowledge, his history…”

All those elaborate gifts he expected and the audacity to send those lists out to the people who were expected to get them for him….

Required “thank you” letters

Required “I was so blessed by your teaching…” letters

5. Feels entitled. Expects unreasonable or special and favorable priority treatment. Demands automatic and full compliance with his or her expectations;

Suggestion from leadership is tantamount to a command

No onions – ever – anywhere near HQ

Obey the first time – no excuses

Those on staff can provide even more examples of this; I’m sure

6. Is “interpersonally exploitative”, i.e., uses others to achieve his or her own ends;

“He will not hesitate to put people’s lives or fortunes at risk. He will preserve his sense of infallibility in the face of his mistakes and misjudgments by distorting the facts, by evoking mitigating or attenuating circumstances, by repressing the memories, or simply lying.”

He taught TWIts to do this – how much “history” is merely ignored or never talked about?

Why’d Don and Howard step down from their positions?

When the WC had to go back to work from working full time – it wasn’t because he was wrong – it was because he had another revelation… :rolleyes:

7. Devoid of empathy. Is unable or unwilling to identify with or acknowledge the feelings and needs of others;

“But the narcissist does not care. Unable to empathize, he does not fully experience the outcomes of his deeds and decision. For him, humans are dispensable, rechargeable, reusable. They are there to fulfill a function: to supply him with Narcissistic Supply (adoration, admiration, approval, affirmation, etc.). They do not have an existence apart from the carrying out of their duty.”

We don’t really need examples of this, do we? ;)

Suicides

Holocaust Victims

Kids

WC

8. Constantly envious of others or believes that they feel the same about him or her;

“First there is pathological envy. The narcissist is constantly envious of other people: their successes, their property, their character, their education, their children, their ideas, the fact that they can feel, their good mood, their past, their present, their spouses, their mistresses or lovers, their location.”

9. Arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes coupled with rage when frustrated, contradicted, or confronted.

“Narcissists live in a state of constant rage, repressed aggression, envy and hatred. They firmly believe that everyone is like them. As a result, they are paranoid, suspicious, scared and erratic.”

I know we have no examples of this kind of behavior. :rolleyes:

Conclusion:

“NPD is a pernicious, vile and tortuous disease, which affects not only the narcissist. It affects and forever changes people who are in daily contact with the narcissist.”

In PFAL we were told about the boogie man and how it was a fear thing and not good. Maybe we should have still believed in that boogie man thing and not look under the bed (gone any further than pfal and run like heck).

Both of them were weirded out and both of them came to the same thing. Exposed for what they are(boogie men, monsters.......).

Since nobody that we know of has confronted Craig lately maybe he isn't filled with all the rage he's supposed to have.

This big bad monster you portray him as may not be at all.

That's why I said (somewhere around here) "take away the all of the hot air" and there's probably not much left there but an insecure shell of a man... but it is interesting that they both share a lot of those traits...

Oh... and Catcup detailed over on Freud's thread that she and her husband DID confront him...