GreaseSpot Cafe

Alaska Fishing Youtube deal

J0nny Ling0

I work with this guy, John Livermore. This spring, he flew up to Yakutat, AK, and fished the famous Situk River. This guy loves to make videos which are accompanied by the rock music of his choice. The music is fairly gnarly, but, the fishing scenes are fabulous. Plus, the video will give you an idea of what the country is like here where I live. The scenes in the woods and along the river are the same as the rivers, woods, and creeks here around Juneau. Only the fishing there is better there. The fish caught in the video are known as "steelhead" which are essentially sea-run rainbow trout, and because the steelhead goes out to sea (unlike land locked rainbow), they get much bigger. And when they are hooked, they fight like crazy! Steelhead are known to be one of the toughest fighting fish that swims. The guys in the video are using fly rods, and the flies they use are either insect imitations, or, salmon egg imitations. My wife and I are planning trip to the Situk in the fall for our anniversary fishing excursion. On our honeymoon here in Southeast Alaska, we went fishing. And so, our tradition is to go fishing on each of our anniversaries. And so, we are finally going to make it up to the Situk River in pursuit of this wily pisces known as the steelhead. And so, enjoy the video! :wave:

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=livermore11

Edited by Jonny Lingo

Jonny - you been sharing videos of Alaska feeshing again, haven't you? LOL

I'm glad you have! The princess and I just got tackle boxes last night with all kinds of toys, I mean gear to use for proper feeshing of bass, catfish, perch and something else here in the midwest. I have my fishing and hunting license - we're pretty close to ready to go.

The princess saw that video with me and commented that the guy shoulda used his slider on that one about 9 minutes into the video. LOL I don't know if he shoulda or not, but I got a kick out of the 10-year-old who is now a proud owner of her very own Scooby Doo tackle box and 2 fishing poles!

Great video! :eusa_clap:

The princess saw that video with me and commented that the guy shoulda used his slider on that one about 9 minutes into the video.

What's a "slider"?

And yes, not only have I been sharing feeshing videos, I have also been feeshing again too!

That cracks me up that you see the humor in that. You and Tom Tuttle. And man oh man, that T Jenks sure had a way to make me feel like fishing was a crime. But of course I reveled in my glory when VPW asked me to take him feeshing on the Gunnison one morning and skip classes with T Jenks! Haw haw!

Hi Lingo, this video reminds me I mentioned you last weds in Presentational Speaking Class.

We were doing our finals and one student did his on fishing in Alaska, said he goes every few years with his dad and had some really cool pics on powerpoint for us to see.

A friend of mine, an attorney here, she dumps her life on the side of the busy track every few years and heads for Alaska. She works and plays until she's done then come back with great stories!

My mom and step dad did a motor home trip through much of Alaska in 2000 and again, great stories of beautiful things seen.

Thanks for all your stuff you keep showing us, very cool!

Between your stories and clips like this, Jonny we'll never be bored at the cafe. :P

I cracked up reading Bow's post.... she beat me to it!

"You've been feeshing again, haven't you, Jonny?"

We might should dig that awesome tale back up for those who missed it the first time.

Why, thank you Shell, Belle, and Rainbowsgirl! Yeah, that stowree about how TJenks treated me was pretty funny. Years later after both of us got the boot from The Way, he apologized to me for being so condescending, and we both laughed about it. I wonder what thread that was on?

And, do you guys remember the pictures of our local black wolf that I posted on here at GSCafe awhile back? Well, I have some rather extraordinary photos of that same wolf from this past winter. He got rather intimate with a Pug dog, and someone took some great photos of that scene. I'd like to post them, but I don't know how. I could send them as attachments to someone who could post them though.

And yes, RG, it's cooler up here fore shore, but, it's really nice also. Where I am though, it is rather wet. Southeast Alaska is a temperate rain forest, and therefore very wet. But then again, that's why it is so green and covered in dense verdure. And, the feeshing up here is mahvelous! :dance: