GreaseSpot Cafe

Spring Flowers

Cowgirl

I was just out in the back woods gathering up one of my most favourite spring flowers, "Lily of the Valley" They grow wild, pretty much anywhere and the fragrance they give off has got to be the sweetest smell, this side of heaven. so keep your eyes opened and nose to the ground when you're out there for a walk! My whole house now smells of Lily of the Valley.

Cowgirl

lily_of_the_valley.jpg

Hi David !!

Do you ever get any "Pink Lady Slippers" growing in your neck of the woods?

Cowgirl

P.S. I enjoyed talking with you the other day. I followed your advice, the most challenging part for me is trying to get my fingers wrapped around the neck of the guitar, I need something that will stretch my fingers! :)

Do you ever get any "Pink Lady Slippers" growing in your neck of the woods?

Yep -- but not at my place. I have not much more than Trillium, Jack-in-the-Pulpits, Day lilies, Iris (sp?), columbine, and the lily-of-the-valley plants.

I've got the original *brown thumb*! :D

If it's in my yard --they are on their own! (Survival of the fittest). ;)

Waterbuffalo, you're a sweetie!

Thanks for the compliment but I must confess, it's not me who took the picture, but I get as much joy looking at them and posting them just the same!

Topoftheworld...................that is just beautiful!!

Cowgirl

• 2 weeks later...

I was out on an early morning run along the trails near my house and I was on this rugged part of a trail that no one ever goes on cause it's all overgrown, All of a sudden I came upon this incredible scent, stopped me in my tracks and I look around, I couldn't believe my eyes, thousands and thousands of "Lily of the Valley" flowers and they are just bursting with fragrance!! It is so tempting to just take a blanket and put it down in the middle of all these flowers and lay down for a little nap, breathing in the scent! Hey that would be a good title for a poem "I Fell asleep Amongst the Lily of the Valley" Any poets out there? Anyways, I'm off to go fill my vases!

Cowgirl

cowgirl i have maybe 20 or 30 lillies of the valley in one my perenial gardens

they are indeed lovely

my have not bloomed yet maybe next week

but please remember they are toxic to humans and pets

enjoy

the lilacs are going crazy here open the window and let the breeze blow that wonderful smell into the house

don't forget to eat a few of the lilac flowers yum!

Edited by coolchef1248 @adelphia.net

I just got back from a trip to Indiana.

When I left here (Minney-soda), the leaves were barely out yet. :(

When I got back here a week later,

I was treated to this in my back yard.

The flowering crab tree, finally decided to flower! :B)

thumb_siberianfloweringcrab1.gif

Hi Coolchef!! Well that explains the fur balls growing out of my ears!! :) I had no idea those were toxic, I just like them for their sweet fragrance and how pretty they are. Lilacs, never heard of eating them.....hmmmmmmmm, what do you eat them with? It's not like one of those things you put on pizza, like pineapple, is it?

DMiller, I must say that is gorgeous!!

Cowgirl