GreaseSpot Cafe

Just 8 More Wins

Hills Bro

Just simply win eight more games and you take home the Stanley Cup. Its down to just 4 teams.

Most of you know my favorite. The Sabres !!!

I heard the Carolina Newspapers had to educate the locals on hockey terms ? Not really your hotspot for hockeymania. But they do have a good team. All those toothless hockey players must really fit in well with all the locals :biglaugh:

I did hear the 10000 Hurricane fans attending the game tomorrow had to sell their trailerhomes to buy the tickets. :biglaugh:

Wanna hear some Carolina Sports talk cjheck this out..Redneck radio

http://eod.liquidviewer.com/wgr-od/wgr/20060518_whik.wma

:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Wanna hear the final Sabres overtime winning goal call ( Sabres vs Ottowa) by our Sabres play by play sports legend Rick Jenneret

http://eod.liquidviewer.com/wgr-od/wgr/200..._pominville.wma

GO SABRES !!! ENJOY THE GAME

splash-5-8-06.jpg

Hey Groucho,

I don't get around here that much anymore. Been busier than a rats arse. I do find time to watch the Sabres.

They have been fun to watch all year long. Very few older players on the roster. Most are young, early 20s. No real superstar players. They are very fast and talented team that spent a few years growing up and developing together in the Sabres minor league affiliate in Rochester. The curse of the Bambino was broken two years ago by Boston Red Sox..last year the White Sox broke the curse..hopefully the Buffalo..blowwin the big one curse will be brokin this year with a Sabres Stanley Cup victory parade.

Hope your doing well my friend. Enjoy the game.

Another sports clip from the Redneck Sports Talk Radio in Carolina. :biglaugh:

Educating the local on Hockey

http://eod.liquidviewer.com/wgr-od/wgr/20060519_whik.wma

Edited by Hills Bro

Hockey Hubris

Herodotus in recounting the defeat of the Persian invasion of Greece, notes that the Persian king Xerxes when upon encountering a violent storm (Hurricane) at sea, ordered his men to take their Sabres and slash at the wind and waves. Herodotus has us to note that it was this act of hubris that sealed his defeat at Marathon and Salamis for he dared to defy a force of nature (Hurricane) with mere Sabres.

GO 'CANES!!!!!!

P.S.

Though toothless hicks we may be, we love our 'Canes...

post-171-1148096936_thumb.jpg

post-171-1148133176_thumb.jpg

Edited by oenophile

One down , three to go in this series. The Sabres came out fast then laid backafter their first goal. They let the Canes get rolling. After the first intermission they took over, playing their game. The Canes are good but I think the Sabres can roll four lines and all are real fast. I am thinking this speed will eventually beat down the Canes.

Ex, Hope all is well with you and family. I was hoping to see the Sabres play the Devils. Brian Gionta is from Rochester. I saw him play High School Hockey. It would have been nice to see him play here. I'm sure he would have attracted a lot of locals to the games in Buffalo. Next year you'll have his brother Steve playing in NJ. He plays just like Brian. I miss your posts.. You always made me laugh my arse off. Good medicine!!

:)

Hats off to the Sabres in Game 1 especially Ryan Miller the goalie. We threw everything at him including every urinal in the RBC Centre at him and he was stalwart throughout. I don't feel bad. The 'Canes gave it everything they had today. Today the Sabres were a better team.

It takes four wins.

The Canes played very good and the Sabres players their worst game of the playoffs. The Sabres should be getting both Numminun and Connelly back for game three. The Canes are about to enter into hostile environment. The HSBC has been so loud during the playoffs that both Ottawa and Philly said they were unable to hear each other speak. The OLN network crew has said that Carolina has been loud but HSBC will be Crazy Loud. Should be fun.

Sabres deserve the win in Game 3. Four goals not Cam Ward's fault. I will echo eb's words for game two... we ran out of time, we had a strong rally, we peppered Ryan Miller with shots in the last few minutes...in fact I believe the Canes outshot the Sabres 3 to 1 in the last half of the third period.

Canes have to win game 4. If they do they will be in great shape. Game five will be on home ice.

I think everyone would agree that this series has been the most interesting of the playoffs regardless of team loyalties. All games have been settled by only 1 point.

Edited by oenophile

Sabres lost Henrik Tallinder last night to injury. He broke his arm. Another defenseman out. The Sabres have been playing without 5 of their top players for the past two series. They have found a way to win.

I think it has a lot to do with their depth and the talent level in their farm club team in Rochester. Last year when the NHL was on strike the Rochester Americans won over 50 regular season games. Many of the young Sabres played together on that team. They have the system installed in their heads. If they win tomorrow I'm confident they'll win the series. Expect more hitting than the last game. These young studs want to make a statement. The crowd will be loud and nasty. Nothing Like Molsen Canadian and Buffalo wings to get you ready for the game.

IT HAS BEEN A GREAT SERIES !!

Edited by Hills Bro

'Canes Win Game 4. Series even a two games each. Series leaves Buffalo Wings to Carolina hardwood coal pulled pork BBQ country.

Buffalo really missed Tallinder tonight in their 4-0 loss to the 'Canes. Sabres power play was clearly not working either (0 for 3 and only 1 shot on goal). 'Canes veteran goalie Martin Gerber posted his first post season shut out. His performance tonight was absolutely spectacular 20 something saves. Gerber played for the Hartford Whalers which became the Hurricanes.

Go 'Canes!!!!

Game Five

What a nail biter. Good hard fought game. Both teams deserved to win. Glad the 'Canes came out on top. Our rookie goalie, Cam Ward made some unbelievable stops including a breakaway one on goalie.

Series moves to Buffalo. Canes need one more win. Go Canes!!!!

The Sabres played a hell of a series especially with a decimated defensive phallanx. I was impressed with Ryan Miller's goaltending and the team defense his team mates played in front of him. They and their fans have no need to hang their heads. They forced the 'Canes to bring their AAA game in order to prevail. Clearly, this was the best series of the post season.

Now its on the Cup finals for the Hurricanes starting at home on Monday night. Edmonton will be a formidable foe. They were impressive in ousting the top rated Red Wings in the first round and have played a dominating game to make it to the Finals. The key for the 'Canes is to play the physically punishing game that brought them to this place and stay out of the penalty box.

Let's go 'Canes! Mayberry will need to get a new trophy box to accomodate Lord Stanleys cup but don't worry the Ladies Auxillary will have a bake sale in order to pay for it.

Caniac Nation is loud and proud.

Edited by oenophile

wow... hockey... I remember that game... the stars were supposed to be better than they were... but just because you pay a goalie like he's one of the best doesnt' mean he's one of the best... or he "had a bad run".... best of luck to your canes (cuz we don't like edmonton down here)...

our hockey season has been over for a long time... BUT OUR BASKETBALL SEASON ISN'T!!! GO MAVS!!!