GreaseSpot Cafe

you sit there in live chat

excathedra

The who's chatting for Live Chat is a difficult thing for the forum software to handle, since the actual chat server is seperate than the forum server and the forum software can't ask the chat server directly who's in there. The only thing it knows is that you click on the link to enter the room at a specific time.

From browsing the code, it appears that if you are in there over 2 hours, it assumes you probably left without telling it and drops you from the listing.

My only suggestion is, if you are in there and not listed in Who's Chatting, Exit chat and go back in.

FlashChat is exactly the opposite. The forum software can see at all times who is in there. It just has a hard time knowing you left if you don't use the logout function within FlashChat (so you're listed as being in there, when you're not).

• 2 weeks later...

um, hawk darlin' - if you can post, you're logged in. if you're logged in, you might try to click on the front page just above where it lists who is in the chatroom.

I couldn't log into chat a week or two ago and complained to paw about it. he kindly asked if I was logged in to the site.

If that doesn't work, I would email paw. He's great about stuff like that.

Have you given any thought to the weenie roast this year? If not, would you mind reminding us of the name of the place you'd suggested for the next one?