GreaseSpot Cafe

Getting Hit Hard

Eagle

Now I remember this! I appreciate this Goey!

The thread began as a doctrinal discussion on most of these points, and I was hard-hitting on opposing viewpoints, mainly to George St. George and I sided with The Evan because we tended to agree a lot. I remember I opened this thread asking honest dialogue, then turned it around, and debated those with the opposite viewpoint, mainly GSG.

GSG reminded me of how and why I opened the thread and I ended up having to apologize to him. He was a good sport about it and accepted my apology.

Now two years have passed and no matter what, the next time I open a doctrinal discussion it will be for information only and I believe I'll leave debate out of it.

We might learn more viewpoints and possible good points on doctrine that I have not considered. I always like checking my facts and can't do that in church. I can do it here with experienced members.

Eagle

here is a really good book that blows a lot of "way conventions" out of the water.

Jesus and Buddha: The Parallel Sayings

eagle - just thought you'd like a little fuel.

You may also want to check out anything by Joseph Campbell. He was considered the world's leadiing authority on comparative religions.

My personal recommendation would be either, "The Hero of a Thousand Faces" or, "Myths To Live By". The latter should prove to be an easier read, since it's only about a tenth as long as the former. :biglaugh:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello:

I just thought i'd drop another note to say that you should not be concerned about the rotten position taken by those of TWI on any scripture, they are mindless , and fanatic about "selling" their dogma. They have no reguard to anything but that. Martindale and etc. made and absolute decree of the "Hand of Man of God to it

that my prayers would go straight ot satan till i conceeded to their demands, and even mumbled myself to them to accept discipline for my offenses; AND if I refused that was just sin upon sin, as was every disobedience of the Man of God.

Just a note to remind you that you're dealing with unstable people.

Thanks,

connerron :asdf: