GreaseSpot Cafe

Large Fonts in Posts

LG

I don't mean all posts in a thread being in large fonts. I mean almost all posts being in the normal font, then a post in a font two or three times larger, in a different color. I find this quite annoying, so much that I often skip such posts without reading them, which I suspect is not the effect the poster intended.

Well, I use purple, because I like it. And I use larger fonts because it's easier for ME to read. Sorry you find it annoying, but feel free to skip any and all of my posts - - it won't bother me in the least. :)

Also, I'm on a computer all day at work and receive, write and respond to nearly 100 emails a day, so on my off time - - I like a little variety.

Funny the things people get annoyed by. I get annoyed when the checker at the grocery store changes the register tape just before he/she rings me up. Not too much else annoys me these days...

oh yeah, except loud people before I've had sufficient coffee :biglaugh:

Viva le difference!

J.

I do prefer a larger font, for reading purposes only, not for screaming....Does anyone here NOT wear glasses????? :dance:

Some of them bother me and some dont--jardinero's dont because i am pretty used to them, and they are not that obtuse of a change.-they are readable and consistant

Some of them do want to make me skip the whole thread--and have

There was a poster last winter (jkBoehme I think) , I couldn't read a one of his posts without getting a headache-so even though he was making some interesting points I skipped most all of them

LG,

Why does it bother you?

What bothers me isn't the size of the font, but the change in font size in a thread. If all posts use the same size font, whether large or small, it's easy to adjust the viewing size for easy reading. If some posts use large fonts and others use smaller fonts, then no matter what, something on the page will display wrong.

Accenting something, like you did with "LG," is different. It's not a whole post.

Anyway, it's not that big a deal. It just came to mind and I thought I'd mention it.

Edited by LG

I like BIG fonts....and I can not Lie.........

Oops....maybe that should be under 'Name That Tune". :biglaugh:

I don't even know how to do big fonts..Go figure.

I like BIG fonts....and I can not Lie.........

Oops....maybe that should be under 'Name That Tune". :biglaugh:

I don't even know how to do big fonts..Go figure.

Put a [ /size] at the end. It'll *pop-up* right before your eyes!! :biglaugh:

Edited by dmiller

a WONDERFUL!!

WONDERFUL!! a

WONDERFUL!!

Ca -- I have to type in the [/size] at the end of an *enlarged* font to get it to work.

If you want to enlarge some text here, you need the [/size] at the end of it.

(It wasn't working on the other post -- because of the extra *codes* there all in the same post.) :)

Wonderful has to be between the two *sizes*

WONDERFUL!

Thanks!

Poor LG. Look at what we started here. :biglaugh:

And hey, I'm quite the liberal when it comes to font sizes and colors, ..... so long as it's Arial font, that is.

No Times New Roman for me, please. :nono5:

Ca -- I have to type in the [/size] at the end of an *enlarged* font to get it to work.

If you want to enlarge some text here, you need the [/size] at the end of it.

(It wasn't working on the other post -- because of the extra *codes* there all in the same post.) :)

Wonderful has to be between the two *sizes*

It's easier for me to type what I wan to say and then go back and highlight the words and choose the size/font and/or color I want. That's why it is a pain if you want several colors. You have to highlight each word for each color.