GreaseSpot Cafe

Oliver Stone's "World Trade Center"

So what do you think? Are you looking forward to seeing this movie? Do you have no intention of seeing it? Is it too early? Would it ever be the"right time?"

I know the story is more about rescuing two guys buried in the rubble and we already know how that comes out, but I don't know if I want to pay money to watch something I feel like I've already seen a thousand times.

Edited by Pirate1974

One of the local critics here that I usually like and agree with said it's the best movie he's seen this year... or in a long time for that matter... and that it's already getting Oscar nods... and that the two best movies (in his mind) this year are this one and "United 93"...

As to the timliness? I don't know, it seems like "United 93" was in and out of theaters so fast that I missed it by the time I'd decided to go ahead and see it... so I guess I'll catch it when it comes to HBO, etc. This movie seems to be a little different than that one though and I'm not hearing the 'hesitations' on this one that I heard on "United 93" nor am I feeling them...

I'll most likely go see it when it comes out...

• 2 weeks later...

All I can think is "Oh GAWD, do we HAVE to?"

What the hell does Stone think he can bring to this story that we haven't had roto-hammered into our brains alteady?

For the life of me I can't think of a single reason to even consider going.

I'd find more enjoyment in eating a razorblade sandwich.

PUHLEEZE! Ease off the "9-1-1" rhetoric for a couple of minutes, O.K.?

Edited by George Aar

• 4 weeks later...

I thought it was a good movie. Gave a good sense of being there. Better than United 93 IMO.

I recently watched a story about this movie, where they actually interviewed the two Port Authority cops, describing how the producers and actors worked with them, to be sure of accuracy. I think it was a very good tribute to all who were involved.

All I can think is "Oh GAWD, do we HAVE to?"

What the hell does Stone think he can bring to this story that we haven't had roto-hammered into our brains alteady?

For the life of me I can't think of a single reason to even consider going.

I'd find more enjoyment in eating a razorblade sandwich.

PUHLEEZE! Ease off the "9-1-1" rhetoric for a couple of minutes, O.K.?

Of course you didnt have to. I hope you enjoy your sandwich.

As far as what he brought to the story, I think he did a great job of bringing what has notbeen "hammered" into us. And up to now, I have not been a Stone fan.

I wasnt tempted to watch "United 93" a second time, but I have seen this one twice.