GreaseSpot Cafe

Where's Raf?

Eagle

Hi Raf!

I see you post from time to time, but not as much as before. I think it started tapering off after you became an editor with your paper in Florida. Have you been promoted again? Miss your comments.

Eagle

I suspect that Raf's recent lack of posts has something to do with the fact that he was recently voted in as president of the National Association of Hispanic Journalists (NAHJ)...This is a very significant position and he has an opprotunity to make an impact on our entire nation...

...I would imagine that this is a very time consuming thing for him... and knowing Raf, he is giving it 100%.

We should all be very proud of him... :)

That would explain why he's so busy.

Hasn't blown a trumpet in front of himself to be seen of men about it either.

(Must not be why he's doing it.)

Seemed ok a few days ago when I dashed him off a note.

AFAIK, he is still READING here, even if he's not REPLYING here.

Then again, he may just feel anything he was GOING to say in any thread

was already SAID. Happens to me all the time.

Raf and I had our differences in the past over a couple of issues...but let me tell me you something, I have great respect for that man. He has a heart for God and there's nobody that stands as tall as Raf when it comes to personal integrity and a desire to do the right thing...I have come to respect him greatly and am confident that he will do a wonderful job for the NAHJ... :) We ARE proud of you bro...