GreaseSpot Cafe

the mindset of a new poster

excathedra

when i first came online..... i studied everything (ok obsessed might be more fitting)..... if someone didn't reply to me, i was CRUSHED

i followed all my posts / threads like i followed wierwille

i don't do that now but it's been years

sometimes i have to search to see where i've been (well mostly because i'm insane)

BUT to ANYONE i haven't replied to, i truly want to apologize from my heart because it's my bad habit, NOT YOURS. i just come back and pick up wherever

i'm sorry. i know how IMPORTANT it was to me when i first started posting, and for a long time after actually

again, i'm very sorry

Hmmmmph!!! You never responded to my very first post almost three years ago. :realmad:

I've had to have therapy for that.

Cost me big bucks, cause I had to spend 5 weeks of sessions,

explaining what-the-hey twi was to that unbelieving psychiatrist,

before he could diagnose me with CRS --

(Cult Recurring Syndrome)

I was in denial for the next two years.

I was ashamed on all other boards -- expecting the same treatment.

I felt I wasn't *cyber-macho* enough. (sniff)

I found myself buying tissues, instead of power tools.

I took up macrame instead of 4-wheeling,

And it's ALL YOUR FAULT!! :nono5:

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

(Luv ya Excie!!!) :wub:

(Now -- you can give me some shi+ back -- and I fully expect it)!

Awwwww, exc! :love3: You're such a sweetheart!

Just today I was thinking about the times I feel "ignored" on threads. I'll say something that I think contributes to the thread and four or five posts later someone else will say the exact same thing using different words and everyone responds to them. :redface: I was starting to feel sorry for myself and having my own little pity party when I remembered the "Thread Killer" thread by the new poster who felt like nobody responded to him/her.

I try to respond to everyone on the threads I start, but sometimes the conversation just goes beyond what I can contribute... over my head.... into areas I have no experience or knowledge of..... or I just feel like everyone has already said more than I could ever think of contributing.

Thank you for thinking of others. :) It's just another example of why I love you so much!

Belle said:

Just today I was thinking about the times I feel "ignored" on threads. I'll say something that I think contributes to the thread and four or five posts later someone else will say the exact same thing using different words and everyone responds to them

Belle, how did you get into my head?? Sometimes I've thought the exact same thing. I've been tempted sometimes to sign my next post, "Chopped Liver" but decided against it. I usually realize I'm taking the lack of response to me too personally.

But Excie, it's sweet of you to start this thread. I'm guilty often of not responding to people. I sometimes forget I've even started or posted on threads, and by the time I remember, the threads have taken such a different direction that there doesn't seem to be any point in replying.

If anyone's ever had their feelings hurt because of my not responding, please don't feel slighted. It's just that my time on here is limited most days, and I have that CRS disease on top of it.