GreaseSpot Cafe

Hurting People

dancing

Dancing,

I don't know exactly. Pretty much the same way you do with any mistake you make. Stop doing it, apologize where you can and move on. It may be an over simplification and I don't mean to trivialize your question but outside of living the best way you know how now.. what can you do? Maybe stop beating up on yourself because unless you were a real diehard jerk which I dought because you ask the question, you just don't desrve it. I imagine like most of us you did some dumb things..you forgive us right? So why not yourself? And I would believe like most of us you did some pretty great things in those 20 years. Tell yourself the same thing you would tell any one of us asking the same question. You know the answer.

God bless

Coup

I was a twig coordinator for a number of years and came down pretty hard on a couple of people, which looking back, was wrong on my part. I would apologize to them if I knew where they were today. Other than that there is really nothing more I can do. Whether they would forgive me would be up to them, and I would have to live with their decision. Whether they would or wouldn't I still have to forgive myself and move on.

There are examples in the bible of terrible things leaders did to people, including murder, and they were able to forgive themselves and get on with their life. People everyday in the world wrong others and they have to forgive themselves. We are not required to try and carry on a friendship with those we have harmed in the past. Best let sleeping dogs lie, as the saying goes.