GreaseSpot Cafe

Whats up in Boston ?

Hills Bro

back082006.gif

The NHL is my wife, but, the New York Yankees are my mistress !! We all have our vices. Mine are: The NHL, The Yankees, and rock'n roll. So as I sit here, impatiently counting the hours until the opening of NHL training camp, I dive headlong into the AL East Pennant chase. How bout them Yankees?

What to do with Matsui when he returns..that is the question.

Edited by Hills Bro

We're done -unless there is some sort of divine intervention. They tried to have a rebuilding year and a winning year at the same time and it doesnt really work that way.

You can't go into a gunfight armed with spoons, or a pennant race with AAA pitchers

The pitching, which was tenuous all year, collapsed at the AllStar Break, and they elected to keep what they had, instead of trading away the future.

Time for me to watch the little leaguers for awhile

• 1 month later...
I dive headlong into the AL East Pennant chase. How bout them Yankees?

The Yankees smell and look like burnt toast after losing three straight to the Tigers in the American League Playoffs. The two teams with good pitching and defense, the Tigers and Athletics, will just have to battle it out for the title.

Edited by Mark Sanguinetti

Wow, someone that actually reads what I write. Is that a novelty? I am surprised that you are a Yankee fan. Didn't you live in Alameda for a few years? And now you live in So Cal. Bay Area and So Cal people normally aren't Yankee fans. What about the USC Trojans, the Bruins, the Lakers, the Dodgers, the Angels, the Kings, the Ducks, the Clippers?

I never lived in Alameda so you may have me confused with 'the Highway' here.

I grew up in Connecticut moved to Ohio, then California 20 years ago.

I'm not a 'fan' in the strictest sense of anyone, but love bseball and go to over 20 Dodger, and 3 or 4 Angels games every year.

I prefer UCLA to USC in football, probably because of the 'underdog' factor, and that USC are the "Yankees' of college football. Plus I live in walking distance to the Rose Bowl, and am exposed more to UCLA

I root for the Clippers over the Lakers for the same 'underdog' reasons.

I remain a Yankee fan because that's what I grew up with, and childhood loyalties die hard. Now that they're out I'm rooting for the Tigers to go the distance.

If I'm a fan actively of anyone, it has to be the Dodgers based on the amount of time and money invested, plus enjoying many wonderful evenings in beautiful Chavez Ravine.

The Dodgers are also 'burnt toast' by the way-as are the Twins. It's just not as much fun to dump on them.