GreaseSpot Cafe

Is the geerite following fading away?

skyrider

oh wow i forgot about david bergey

i've been trying to read all this, but i've given up

geer skucks and so does burton..... cummins seemed very nice but he could be stupid especially if he thinks veepee was the moggie woggie and now he joined up with the likes of them....

oh cultheads what can you do ?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of W@lter Cummxins.........

The corps grad who recently left a geerite group told me that Cummxns new work on the gospels and the life of Jesus Christ is the new "acceptable standard"........according to many. Apparently the 2004 book by Rev. David Bergey entitled Jesus Christ Our Approach Offering is no longer touted now that Cummxns has come onboard. Surprise, surprise. :rolleyes:

Hey there Sky -- two questions (if I may ---) :)

1.) Is the book by Bergey available to the public? (i.e. -- Amazon, Barnes and Noble, etc.); and ---

2.) Just curious if W@lter's teaching on *THE ACCEPTABLE YEAR* (from 1984) is the *new standard*?

I've still got the tapes here from Sound Out '84, where he taught that.

Would be interesting to hear someone else's perspective. ;)

Hey there Sky -- two questions (if I may ---) :)

1.) Is the book by Bergey available to the public? (i.e. -- Amazon, Barnes and Noble, etc.); and ---

2.) Just curious if W@lter's teaching on *THE ACCEPTABLE YEAR* (from 1984) is the *new standard*?

I've still got the tapes here from Sound Out '84, where he taught that.

Would be interesting to hear someone else's perspective. ;)

dmiller........in the back of the book there is an order form.

Name__________________________________

Address________________________________

City, State, Zip__________________________

Country________________________________

Phone__________________________________

Book pricing: 1 copy $15.00

2-9 copies $12.00 per book

10+ $10.00 per book

Shipping: $3.00 for the first book and $1.00 for each additional book within US.

Make checks payable to: Redlands Bible Fellowship

And mail to:

Redlands Bible Fellowship

1308 Fairview Lane

Redlands, CA 92374

Fax: (909) 798-9660

The book is detailed with some Greek and Hebrew......and occassional versions besides the King James. IMO, it is well-done and inspiring to the Christian believer. I liked it and plan to reread it.

To answer your second question dmiller..........I have no idea.

These guys...Cummins, Burton...they were in up to their keisters with Veepee. I doubt that any of them would ever get a "real" job that they had to punch a clock. I guess it's a "calling"...wasn't Johnny (I like girls in the back of the motorcoach too) Townsend in with Geer also?

Sure...I'll spend my money on their books...NOT!

Groucho ~

Earl has lived in VA (Charlottesville, I believe) for almost the entire time since leaving HQ. He's had a ministry thing going (don't remember the name) which he has done and partnered with Duke Clarke on many occasions (fellowships, special live seminars, youth camps). Of all the former leaders of twi, Earl at least, is one of the few who got right out an started working. He got his RE license and his family owns a very successful business there - - so at least he's one who has actually gotten a job.

Walter lives in po-dunk Franklin, OH (in between Dayton and Cincinnati) and has had a "business" called Scripture Consulting from which he has published a journal of the same name. I saw some of the early versions (1998 or so) of the journal (you could subscribe for $78/year for 6 pretty lengthy issues) and it seems he was early on into the Gospels. He would go around and teach the local Geer-groups (for a fee), but I can't quite remember the name of the classes he was teaching except one was on the book of Job (correcting the phrase "the thing which I greatly feared has come upon me").

Johnny T. lives in Beaverton, OH and is a gentleman farmer with a good amount of acreage. He has a number of local home groups he's associated with and is the ONLY one licensed in the entire state of OH to run Geer classes. Last I spoke with him, he thought all the other "former leaders" in OH were pretty screwed up (that opinion would probably be derived from them not being Geer-groups) (though the group in Columbus with T*m Burk*, K*n McC*w, et al seem to have flourished over the years with many never been way folks).

That's my update from what I hear and know first-hand.

J.