GreaseSpot Cafe

Happy 16th Anniversary to my Wife Joan

16 years ago today we were married in

the back yard of PG & NL McS. on Pinellas Point in St. Petersburg, Florida. It was a full dress military wedding as I was on active duty and both of our fathers were retired Air Force officers.

I set the time of our wedding to take place right at sunset, when the pastel colors of the wispy clouds are most pronounced in their oranges, pinks, yellows, and blues. Our backdrop was the western sky.

16 years ago today, Joan and I committed ourselves to each other, to live for God with each other, and to raise our children in the nurture and admonition of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

At this hour, 16 years ago today, we were making the rounds at the reception with grins on our faces and were ready to squeeze into my packed to the max Datsun B-210 Hatchback and sprint across Tampa Bay to spend our first night together at an Embassy Suites there enroute to honeymoon in Colonial Williamsburg, VA.

But tonight, 16 years later, I am sitting in my nice comfortable home/office within minutes of the finest white sand beaches in all of the continential United States, enjoying the sounds of our four children playing and relaxing in the home that Joan and I have made for us and them. And I am feeling mighty content.....because she makes me feel that way.

I believe that when I found Joan, I found THE best of my best friends.

And now, I've typed long enough that by now, 16 years ago, we would be at the suite in Tampa and it's just about time for me to carry my Bride over the threshold of our honeymoon suite and .............

Come see our kids sometime, will ya?

Happy Anniversary Mark and Joan!!!!!

You two clearly show what a marriage is. Being there for each other in every way in good and bad times, health and sickness. The love between you that is so strong, it touches others lives.

We wish you every joy that you've had and more and more in the years to come.

Hope your days ahead are filled to the brim with the joy you find in each other.

Love,

Steve!, Chinny, and the chinettes

(((((SL & Joan)))))

Dear Mark and Joan,

Congratulations on such a lovely occasion!

Love to you both!

I want to dedicate this song to both of you. This is a song written and performed by Monte Montgomery. A wonderful Greasespotter introduced me to him. It speaks of a love similar to one Sling Shot expressed. Hope you enjoy it! icon_smile.gif:)-->

YOU MEAN THE WORLD TO ME

Monte Montgomery

Well, I don't know where to start.

I guess when I first looked in your eyes,

it was spring in the middle of the month of March.

Our hearts flickering fireflies.

I have become the great defender,

serving the cause of you and I.

With your eyes so warm and tender.

I find a passage to paradise.

CHORUS

Take my hand and I'll take you there.

No good reason to be scared, anymore.

You are the one that I adore.

I've seen the moon set in your eyes,

felt the dancing fire in your heart.

Don't you see that you mean the world to me?

Now my heart has an anchor like a ship at bay,

but I just don't feel tied down.

Because you hold the chain and I like it that way,

with my feet firmly on the ground.

That's why I am standing here today

in front of God and everyone.

I just wanted a chance to say

that I will love for as long as I live in the name of the father and son.

Much love on this day to both of you! icon_smile.gif:)-->

'til the next time...