GreaseSpot Cafe

Sudo

Suda

I'm embarrassed.. :redface2:

I haven't had my birthday posted for years now just to avoid this kind of thread. But I see Suda remembers when my birthday is. Geeze.. thank you guys. I had a great 54th birthday starting the day before as all my kids were able to go to the Mid-South fair here in Memphis even though eldest daughter goes to Ole Miss and middle daughter has a full social calendar :biglaugh: . We've gone to the fair EVERY year since we've had kids. Carol missed one year because she was in the hospital but the rest of us went that year anyways for sake of 'tradition'. And here's a pic of all of us in the 4-H Future Farmers Of America exhibit area where we have traditionally started our fair experience because it was the first stop after the gate we normally used. Funny, I never get tired of seeing little chicks hatching or petting the sheep and goats.

aeic.jpg

That night we were treated to a free (with admission) concert of the Charlie Daniels band. Our son is a REAL country music fan and really had a blast. The rest of us had a good time clapping and stomping our feet. But that was actually the day before my birthday. Yesterday (my actual birthday) Carol and I went back to the fair to hear Gary Pucket sing his old songs. Man.. he sounded just like he always did (though a little weak maybe on the high notes) and looks GREAT for 64 years old! Note the trinkets around my neck won by fooling the guy who guesses your age and weight! Hee-Hee! I felt like I was in New Orleans at Mardi Gras!

aeib.jpg

Today, we're headed out to my mom and dad's for leg of lamb. My birthday dinner. This is probably more information than any of you guys wanted to know and I feel self indulgent even posting it but... hey thanks again folks! :love3:

sudo