GreaseSpot Cafe

Kids are moving away....

skyrider

In talking with several of my friends, ex-wayers......it's evident that our children are moving onward with their lives. College and career choices, courting and marriage.......our kids are growing up.

Having been away from the twi-machinery for about ten years now, my kids don't show the slightest hint of being in a cult. :)

In fact, I'd venture to say that the buzzwords of wayspeak and even the name "wierwille" never crosses their minds. Why should it? They didn't invest those years of WOW, College-WOW, and all those events where wierwille and his pals were in the spotlight. Nor the indoctrination of the corps program.

And, further.....in talking with some of the corps parents who are still IN.......their kids are doing the same, moving further and further from twi. Not saying all, by any means.....but MOST ALL are not following the same path as their parents. :biglaugh:

Yep......one generation of followers, and the next generation smartens up!

Today, twi is like a secluded miser in some remote estate...........the money sustains his "status" but the community and business owners know that his hoarding of money does little earthly good.

:spy:

It only makes sense that a young person would want to live their own life...to make their own choices...

...and how many kids would choose a repressive religious system when the whole world awaits them?

EXACTLY!

Nobody wants that kind of religion..........nor did we. My oh my, how things have changed in twi since we were teenagers and in our early 20s.

If truth be told..............I think that MANY OF THE LONG-STANDING INNIES have the same concerns about the heavy-handed legalism, the bod arrogance, the abuses and injustices, the petty policies that have squelched the life out of dynamic living, the corps teaching scream-fests, the wierwille-pyramid structure, etc.......that many of us have.

And therefore..........IMO, innie parents are counseling their kids to move on with their lives.

Of course, there is always the single, gung-ho, sold-out staffer that JUST DOESN'T GET IT.

:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Abso-Awesome-Lutely!! Heck, just reading the myspace accounts of the TWI kids, one can see that they are conflicted between being "normal" teenagers, enjoying "normal" teenage "schtuff" and living the legalistic lifestly of TWI. Frankly, I was surprised to see some of the kids allowed to have myspace accounts knowing who their parents are....even more surprised at the comments posted in their profiles, the pictures, wishes, desires, etc.

Good on 'em! I hope they keep investigating "normal" things and living as much a "normal" life as possible so that they can taste, smell, feel, see, hear, experience the true freedom and abundant life others have found outside the oppression of TWI. Then, hopefully, they'll be able to help their parents see past the fear of leaving TWI.

You mean there are some youth still in TWI? I am quite surprised if so. I am guessing they are the minority fraction of a % that choose to do so. :biglaugh::biglaugh:

Most kids today are not only smart but well informed due to the Internet and social sites including their world of chat. They will find their own way. In my opinion it will not be TWI.

I would think that most would absolutely be repelled by the very thought of it. Boring and old and stale :sleep1::sleep1::sleep1: and exposed a :redface: ll over the Internet. It is the opposite of what a young person has in mind. In all fairness, the same could be said of other church groups.

The point is, today's TWI and youth are like oil and water.