1 cup unbleached white flour

1/2 cup whole wheat flour

1 tsp salt

1Tb baking powder

1 1/2 Tb sugar

1 egg

1 3/8 cups milk

1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries

Mix all the dry ingredients. Add the egg and the milk - DO NOT OVER MIX! (This causes the pancakes to get tough) Gently fold in blueberries.

I get only a bit of butter on a paper towel and wipe the skillet - only a coating - you don't want lots of butter floating around. Pour batter on the griddle using a small ladle. Turn the pancakes when bubble start to form.

Serve with ONLY PURE MAPLE SYRUP!

bon appetito!

We discovered the best pancake mix ever. Both my boys can eat their weight in these pancakes!

1089833893883.jpg

Makes tender, golden pancakes or waffles - Made with all-natural ingredients - Flavored with a hint of malt for "diner-style" flavor - Just add water, egg, & butter or oil

These were the baby's first real food - pancakes. We call 'em "Oofie Cakes" in our house (someday I'll explain the baby's sick nickname when I have a chance). The baby doesn't like maple syrup - not yet, anyhow. Kristopher, my oldest, would drink it if I let him. And it's PURE maple syrup here, thank you.

You GOTTA try this mix - it's out of this world:

http://www.kingarthurflour.com/shop/detail...&id=34243LB

Okay, in rez sometimes for breakfast we had "5 grain" or "7 grain", a sort of porridge. I loathe "ordinary" oatmeal porridge, but I LOVED the seven grain.

Anybody got a recipe that I can play with?

Oh, Twinky, try Steel Cut Oats - this is the stuff I get, but I buy it local at the health food store. It's sooooo good and thick with the 7 grain texture you're talking about.

It takes about 45 minutes to prepare, but I do enough to last me a whole week on Sundays, usually. This is the oat before they "roll" it to make oatmeal and then cut the rolled oats for 1 minute oatmeal. So this has a lot more fiber, is less processed and much healthier for you. :wink2:

Also, Jenny Craig (yes the diet center) has a 7 Grain Oatmeal that is TO DIE FOR!! It's instant and delish! You don't have to be on the program to buy their food, so if you find a center near you, you can go in and ask to buy a few of the oatmeals. They're only 1.50 or 1.80 each. My Paw Paw tried mine and now he buys his own at the Jenny Craig center near him.

Chas, Oofie cakes?? :biglaugh: Can't wait to hear this one!

:offtopic:

Oofie Cakes

When Andreas was born it put my very white bread American family in a tail spin because of his name. To this day, my mother will NOT call him Andreas - she hates the name just as she hates all things Greek, my husband included.

So, we started calling Andreas by a nickname - "Dre".

Then, Kristopher, Andreas' older brother, started calling him "Dre-oofie".... The "Dre" dropped off and now he's known by all as "Oofie"...

Well, I'd make what we call silver dollar pancakes - they're smaller than the palm of your hand. Andreas would only eat them if he could pick them up because he'd slowly suck on them. The really small pancakes are...

Oofie Cakes

post-323-1164058781_thumb.jpg

So, there you are... yeah, we're weird. Those kids will be in therapy for years!

Now, back to b'fast...

Edited by ChasUFarley

the only time i like breakfast is for supper but i have some awesome recipes for breakfast here is one let me know if you want others

Dijon Eggs

2 cups grated sharp cheddar

1/4 cup butter

1 cup light cream

1/2tsp salt

1/4 tsp pepper

2 tsp dijon

12 eggs slightly beaten

you made alse add onion,peppers,shrooms,broccoli,aspagagus,crab of lobster.

mop.

spread cheese in a greased 13x9x2 baking dish dot with butter

Combine cream,salt,pepper,mustard,veg etc.

Pour in 1/2 the mixture over cheese.

pour in eggs and add remaining mixture.

bake at 325 for 40 min or until set

This makes a very light and fluffy dish

Serve with mamosas!!