GreaseSpot Cafe

Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Winter 2006 Concert

ChasUFarley

We got to see the Trans-Siberian Orchestra last weekend - and I gotta tell you - it was quite the show.

If you haven't heard of them or want to know more, here's their site:

http://www.trans-siberian.com/

It was a two-hour show of spectacular light displays, emotion-filled music and inspirational message.

It was a strange but effective mixture of holiday sentiment and rock spectacle that seemed to be a hit. I have to admit that I was hesitant about how I'd like this concert - I had listened to a CD and didn't care for it. However, this is something you have to EXPERIENCE - it's multi-media.

There was an amazing light display that looked like green lasers shooting all around, music and pounding sounds of drums, guitars and keyboards, which were to be soon joined by a string section. The display was quite a heady introduction to a simple holiday story that was at the heart of the first half of TSO's show. The story was about an angel's journey to find one thing on Earth that signifies Christmas. All this was punctuated with great vocal performances, fog machines, laser lights, lots of big hair, and power chords.

But you left with a "Christmas" feeling - it was all good.

And you left a little more deaf than you were before you came it.

I highly recommend you check this concert out - and go!!!

Hi Chas. Funny you mention this concert. They are going to be here in Houston the day before my son's birthday, Dec. 17th, and he really wants to go. So does Hubby. So I think we'll just take the whole family and make kind of a day of it.

Thanks for the review.

About 3 to 4 years ago, Linda Z mentioned this group. On her recommendaton, I bought the CD's and have absolutely loved the music. I turned my whole family on to their music.

2 years ago, my sister and her family saw them in concert.

Last year, my sister got me a ticket to their show. It was as Chas said. It is magnificent if you are already familar with them. As a new listener, you have to imagine the best in Christmas music as told through the eyes and effects of Pink Floyd.

My brother got me tickets for this season and am looking forward to it.

(There are two traveling companies)

Well, we have our tickets. And I can't wait. We got tickets for the 3:00 show, so we will make a day of it down in Houston. The kids have no school the next day.....so we can party. :dance:

And Tommy, you must be psychic, because, yes indeed my precious little cherub done went and got his little beehind grounded........again. Sigh.

Edited by ex10