GreaseSpot Cafe

research to another level

http://www.worldwideuniversitynetwork.com/index.html

You have to use an audio media player.

I have watched Dr.Scott many hrs on tv from DC area. I am amazed at his knowledge and how he interprets the bible. He gets into languages as well. In all my years in TWI, I never saw research like this.

This is broadcast. I realy enjoyed his teachings, hope you do too..

This is a half hr long.

likeaneagle,

Over the years I've also enjoyed watching Dr. Scott on late night TV, and listening to his show on the shortwave. He was a brilliant man; quite the character and a very entertaining lecturer.

I think exposure to his broadcasts (as to the work of others) made it all the more easier for me to leave the Way in 87. There was far better stuff out there.

His lectures on Demonology/Atlantis/Amityville Horror/Pyramids/Bermuda Triangle/Roswell are a trip. In certain ways, perhaps even trailblazing so far as the presentation of supernatural subjects presented through the media. For example, in the mid 80s, I heard Dr.Scott's teaching "The Spear of Destiny", - the relic reputed to have been the Roman lance used to pierce Jesus at His crucifixion - which centuries later, Hitler had sought. Scott's teaching was my first exposure to that legend.

Well years following Scott's teaching, the subject of "Spear of Destiny" could be seen making its rounds through a number of "supernatural" documentaries on "The History Channel", Geraldo! and others.

He was the kind of preacher I would imagine sitting at a campfire telling good, scary stories (lol). As I said, very entertaining.

I just recalled reading a "MOJO" music magazine months ago devoted to the late Johnny Cash, who made mention of watching Gene Scott, and practicing his rite of communion.

Danny

Edited by TheInvisibleDan

Dan,

Yes, I thought the first time I saw him was after I had left in 2000. I was struck by the details and how he linked everything together slowly. I have only watched a couple of avi's off his website, and about 8 shows on tv, one in particular astounded me. THe Pyramid teaching, so cool. He recently passed away and his wife is taking over his ministry(?). He sure was spicy in his own way, and a genuis.

Edited by likeaneagle

:)

Good idea, likeaneagle. Gene Scott has a series on Basic Christianity, something like that, that has a piece on the New Birth that's the best I've ever heard. I love his "gestalt", the way he pulls in a variety of different elements from different backgrounds and sources, looks at the commonalities and differences and develops common themes.

I ran across him in the 80's, on TV and when we moved back home to California was getting his newsletters and magazine. Wrote him a couple times, he wasn't much on answering and I doubt he saw snail mail or at least I got the impression he had others sorting it. But I got back a whole wad of free stuff, which I thought was cool.

The thing that I liked about him was that he had the credentials, the time invested in a religious denomination and had really done the work he said he did, with others who he respected and who respected him. He embraced academics, philosophy and theology and came to the conclusions that he did. Agree or disagree, his methods were sound.

I'm glad to see you checking him out likeaneagle, it's worth it. I don't really spend a lot of time in his stuff, but I'm always rewarded when I do. (somehow I'm not at all surprised at your post Invisible Dan, I sort of thought you would know about him or would enjoy him if you did). :)

Edited by socks

I dunno...........he's a little scary to me..............

When I read his Tithes and Offerings teachings they remind me of another cult.............Church of Christ....I think..

Where you have a ''tithe'' , then, ''offerings''....................all the Feasts you have to give to.

Feast of Weeks, Tabernacles, ..............

:blink:

By the looks of his research building and all his ''collectors'' bibles..................$$$$$$$

and Rare ones!!!

correct me if I am wrong

Yeah likeaneagle, if I'd been closer I might have dropped in a time or two myself. I felt there was certainly a place for what he did, his work, etc. I don't follow him, or view him in any specific "role" other than he had a lot to offer. For years they'd broadcast his shows, he'd puff on that cigar and have that rascally attitude of knowing he might be ruffling some feathers. And y'know, a little bit of that goes a long way. :biglaugh: I like to catch parts of his "lectures", the one's they broacast anyway.

bliss, last time I was on his website it looked like somebody ran over a Lego set. I never liked it, but it never bothered me too much, it's just hard to find stuff or was for a long time. I've never given his gang a dime, and can't see an occasion where I would, I'm not a member and not up to joining. I like the fact though that a lot of material is available for the use of anyone who wants it, and many of his broadcasts contain a lot of interesting work. Again though - it's like jumping on a highway at 20 mph catching them sometimes.

And the music - don't get me started. But I don't tune in when I do for that. It's like watching a train wreck usually. :biglaugh: