GreaseSpot Cafe

Cool YouTube Video

markomalley

FWIW, I don't find the two videos offensive for their foul language. I think they're interesting social commentaries.

The content of the little girl's video made me uncomfortable, because I hate to see a child so close-minded at such a tender age--regardless of whether said child is spouting twi-speak or spouting anti-God diatribes. For pity's sake, she's a CHILD. The language may be dubbed, or the kid may just be reciting words she was told to, but the effect, to me, was chilling. She should be out playing!

The uncle doesn't bother me as much. He looks to me like he could be Indian, so I can understand feeling that way. Let's face it. Christians haven't always been the best representatives of Christ over the years, and there is some truth in what he says. It's sad to see the effect on this man of people's committing evil acts in the name of God.

If my opinion counts, I say leave the thread here (it's not political) and let it be.

And another thing...if the F word bothered wayfers, none would still be in from the LCM days! :D

Edited by Linda Z

Well I don't think the girl in this was trying to be mean, I am not even sure if she knows what she is saying. When I see it it looks to me like it has been cut and pasted so many times it would be like Bill Clinton saying he had sex with Hillary and Monica at the same time. Someone just knows how to work the computer. With the computer and clips like that you can make anyone say what you want. The only parts that are real is the cursing and for a girl that age, I would hate to be around her 10 to 15 years from now. All I am saying is someone really manipulated what she said.

CK

The girl is most likely a child actress who just put a whole bunch of cash in her bank account!

Suppose you didn't see the girl - or hear the sound of a young voice - but rather read those words.....

Methinks she's right on! And we could do worse than to start with empathy.