GreaseSpot Cafe

The irony of victory

Abigail

Tonight was "take your parents to work night" at the boys' school. They have a program called microsociety. During the last hour of every day they get paid micro money for making products to sell, pay taxes, go to the bank, purchase things, elect government officials, etc.

So tonight the kids got to show us what they have been doing and we had the opportunity to purchase micro money and then buy items the kids have made. It was fun.

To encourage parent participation (and boy does it bother me that schools have to go to such lengths to encourge parent participation) they held a raffle. The kids received on ticket per adult that they brought to the event. There were lots of little prizes, three CD players, and the grand prize was an iMac.

Jacob won a pack of mechanical pencils and I was really hoping Aaron would win one of the portable CD players because he has really been wanting one. He didn't.

Instead, he won the iMac. That child was sooooo excited.

But here's the thing, we already have two PCs, an iMac, and another Mac which predates the iMac.

So. . . . . . .

Aaron has agreed to donate the new computer (the school will find a family in need) and I am going to get him the CD player. I must say, I am pretty proud of him. I though it was going to be one hell of a tough sell to try and convince him to donate the computer, but I told him the choice was totally up to him and he agreed to donate it.