GreaseSpot Cafe

Nutcraker 2006!!!

doojable

Well - the headdress was originally designed to dance in - but it is a bit heavy- her teacher wanted it that way. If they don't get to practice in it early on - which they didn't this year - then they have another, smaller and lighter headdress that they dance in. This is used for bowing and the finale.

They had a great time! Its a lot of work for the whole family, but the kids get such a sense of accomplishment when they are done! Not to mention that they get to play "dress up" for a whole day!

I work backstage to keep the costumes on the right girls at the right time, and to make sure that anything that is broken is repaired. I am also in charge of making the various headdresses that don't need to be sewn. (I DON"T sew!) I've made crowns and added finishing touches to all sorts of things that just didn't look right without "just one more little detail."

I'm delighted that dooj (the original) was able to dance for this after her injury - what a trooper!

This year is the first time in over 5 years that we didn't attend our local ballet production of the

Nutcracker. The princess complained once more than I could stand and I just decided I'd had

enough and wasn't going to fight that fight this year. Of course, then she bummed out when

she found out we weren't going. Good ol' human nature!

I'm so impressed that your daughter does all that! I'm doing good to walk a few steps in a row

without stumbling, couldn't imagine getting up on my tippy toes like that for a second, much less

all dooj (the original) does while up there!

I love love love the pics you share! Thanks so much! Please tell dooj (the original) that she's my hero!

And your little one dances too! Priceless, just priceless! I'm also looking forward to seeing what she does

with her dancing. They're both so beautiful!

Edited by bowtwi

Yes! these are the joys of my life. They are the reason I breathe while I'm here and now.

Both girls dance and are multi-talented. I'm so proud of them! I only wish for them that they go much further in their lives than I have - do more, love more, heal more, and just BE more.

I just wanna give them as much of myself and the foundations of learning and then stand back and watch them take the world by storm.

She looks so natural standing like that....like it's no effort at all!

Wow! I'm impressed! Such beautiful girls you have, Dooj.