GreaseSpot Cafe

What do you think about

Dot Matrix

hm

interesting

i think that the video is pointing at important truths about such things

and has value as such

but i feel it is pretty much too sloppy and clumsy to stimulate much more than more overblown fears

and the way it reduces the arguments is almost cultish in its anti-cultishness

a lot of very good and useful notions and things getting slammed alongside the slender truths of what they are saying

overall...on scale of 1 to 4...i give it an "eery factor" of 3

:who_me:

:evilshades:

I think its pretty creepy, but very accurate. It gives me pause to think I was like those cult members. I'm glad I was never asked to kill anyone while I was with TWI. I'd like to think I would have said no. But I dunno. I did a lot of stupid things in TWI that are unconscionable to me now, and claimed that it was for the movement of the Word.

Thanks for sharing this, Dot. Its very interesting.

Thanks for the link, Dot…and not a moment too soon…I’ll stop payment on the check I sent that group – although I thought it wasn’t a bad deal – getting the T-Shirt “cult member” and a revolver with the serial number filed off…uhmmmm…hope they’ll return my firstborn male child…

Dot, that's an awesome summary of how cults manipulate take over our sensibilities. I sent this to my cousins who are in high school and just starting college. I told them it's a funny look at some of the ways I was sucked in and kept in the cult I was involved with.

Obviously, the whole family knows about that drama, but they seem afraid to talk about it. Dunno if it's a way of trying to respect me or what, but I try to let them know I'm perfectly willing and able to talk about it. Maybe this will open the window a little more for them. :love3: Thank you for posting this!