GreaseSpot Cafe

What Do Women Want In Men?

Eagle

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And back to the regularly scheduled topic...maybe.... or not...

I stayed home from work today because I woke up with a fever, chills and earache this morning. I slept most of the day but woke up this afternoon feeling better, but hungry. My best friend Lefty, who lives just down the street, called me. He was on his way home from work and wanted to know if I needed anything. I told him I had stayed home because I was sick, but that I felt better and was hungry now. He asked if I wanted "my sandwich" from my local favorite sandwich shop. All I had to say was yes. Fifteen minutes later he was at my house with my sandwich with the usual notes all over the wrapper for the exact way I like my sandwich, my favorite soda from a different store because I don't like the soda at my favorite sandwich shop, and treats for my dogs and cat (of course their favorites).

The short of the long story is that he has paid attention over the 10+ years we have known each other. He is kind and considerate and has figured out lots of things about me that I don't even totally understand. We are best friends, live separately and probably always will (We tried the couple thing for about a month but that didn't work for us. No chemistry or fireworks. He does these nice things knowing that there won't be sex. He is genuinely a nice guy)

So what I have learned over the years is that all it takes from a man to make me a happy is to be kind and considerate. The common interests etc will work themselves out when you like being around a person. Lefty never thought he'd know what the favorite treats of two dogs and cat are, but he does. Or that he'd cry as hard as me when an old dog had to be put down. I never thought I'd enjoy handguns and target shooting, but do now.

Maybe the "what women want in men" topic only applies to people who intend to marry and cohabit so maybe I am off topic after all, but I don't think so. I think the reason that Lefty and I remain best friends who live apart is because we do recognize that we are not "fixer uppers" -love that analogy. I know that Lefty could never live my lifestyle of letting my animals run my house and leave hair and slobber on everything. He knows I wouldn't be myself if I lived in his house of coasters on the furniture, no feet on the coffee table and polished chrome in the kitchen and bathroom. He loves to travel the half a mile to my house and take a break from his life of perfect order and quiet. I love to go to his house sometimes to experience perfect order and quiet. Our lifestyles are mutually exclusive but also mutually cherished and respected. There are lots of other differences, opposites, things that I find annoying in other people but find amusing and endearing in Lefty.

So if I am off topic, Mr. Ham will just have to send one of his hit squirrels with the squirrel sized Beretta through the computer to shoot holes in my dog hair covered keyboard.

Peace.

And back to the regularly scheduled topic...maybe.... or not...

I stayed home from work today because I woke up with a fever, chills and earache this morning. I slept most of the day but woke up this afternoon feeling better, but hungry. My best friend Lefty, who lives just down the street, called me. He was on his way home from work and wanted to know if I needed anything. I told him I had stayed home because I was sick, but that I felt better and was hungry now. He asked if I wanted "my sandwich" from my local favorite sandwich shop. All I had to say was yes. Fifteen minutes later he was at my house with my sandwich with the usual notes all over the wrapper for the exact way I like my sandwich, my favorite soda from a different store because I don't like the soda at my favorite sandwich shop, and treats for my dogs and cat (of course their favorites).

The short of the long story is that he has paid attention over the 10+ years we have known each other. He is kind and considerate and has figured out lots of things about me that I don't even totally understand. We are best friends, live separately and probably always will (We tried the couple thing for about a month but that didn't work for us. No chemistry or fireworks. He does these nice things knowing that there won't be sex. He is genuinely a nice guy)

So what I have learned over the years is that all it takes from a man to make me a happy is to be kind and considerate. The common interests etc will work themselves out when you like being around a person. Lefty never thought he'd know what the favorite treats of two dogs and cat are, but he does. Or that he'd cry as hard as me when an old dog had to be put down. I never thought I'd enjoy handguns and target shooting, but do now.

Maybe the "what women want in men" topic only applies to people who intend to marry and cohabit so maybe I am off topic after all, but I don't think so. I think the reason that Lefty and I remain best friends who live apart is because we do recognize that we are not "fixer uppers" -love that analogy. I know that Lefty could never live my lifestyle of letting my animals run my house and leave hair and slobber on everything. He knows I wouldn't be myself if I lived in his house of coasters on the furniture, no feet on the coffee table and polished chrome in the kitchen and bathroom. He loves to travel the half a mile to my house and take a break from his life of perfect order and quiet. I love to go to his house sometimes to experience perfect order and quiet. Our lifestyles are mutually exclusive but also mutually cherished and respected. There are lots of other differences, opposites, things that I find annoying in other people but find amusing and endearing in Lefty.

So if I am off topic, Mr. Ham will just have to send one of his hit squirrels with the squirrel sized Beretta through the computer to shoot holes in my dog hair covered keyboard.

Peace.

But will he pull your finger when you ask him? That it seems is important!!!

John

:biglaugh:

I have seen the Lady Smith and Wesson. Is there a squirrel sized Beretta? Please post a picture. I would love to see it.

hey, it just may be a 190 pound squirrel here.

I'm a tease, I'm a sleaze.. I never could cook peas..

and..

everybody sing with me:

"AND YOU WOULDN'T(?) HAVE IT ANY OTHER WAY.."

woooo oooooh, hooooo ooooh...