GreaseSpot Cafe

Way Kids

FreeAtLast

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep.

I've told them I don't care for twi and it's built on false assumptions, but they live in la la land. They even asked me for advice on how to get another wayfers kid to come back to fellowship.

arrrgghhh :asdf:

I have a brother still in and we don't talk. He has definitely been a company man. He tried to talk me into coming back after I left and would let up on his speach. The way is kinder nicer etc. I hadn't been out very long so when he was saying that I knew it was just what he was trained to say. I finally had to tell him to stop trying to talk me into coming back, to which he replied that he wasn't trying to do that. But in his next sentence started talking about how wonderful the Way is. I finally had to tell him that I would love to continue to communicate as long as I don't have to hear the Way mentioned anymore. I never heard from him in a personal sense again. It's been about 5 years now and I get pat birthday greetings and holiday greetings by way of emails. It's so generic I know it's what he sends to everyone on his list.

Nothing like, hey sis just wanted to pop you a line and say happy birthday. Give the kids my love. Nothing like that it's your basic. Happy Birthday and greetings in the name of our lord Jesus Christ or something to that effect. Real personal. Not!! I think the way has bred a bunch of robots that way. They all say the same things and believe the same things and no one dare defy the current winds or you might get the boot. Or demoted or treated like crap until you leave of your own accord.

I hear ya and I feel ya. Hang in there and maybe they will come to their senses.

You know my brother and I graduated the Way corps together and during that time he was considering leaving because someone he respected got to him. I managed to talk him through it and he stayed. Now I wish I had let him leave. Then he wouldn't have become this Way robot.

WHOA!!!!

I just found this thread tonight. I was raised in TWI. I've never had a good relationship with my parents. My impression of parents in TWI is that the only thing that matters to them is that their kids go to fellowship. They may say they love and just want the best and yada yada but,

The only thing that matters to them is that their kids go to fellowship.

not that they understand the Word not that they have a relationship with The Father not that they can develop real relationships with human beings not that you can function in society not that they feel loved

The only thing that matters to them is that their kids go to fellowship.

very sad

my kid is my kid and i love him so much even if he won't come to the dinner table

I wonder what percentage of current followers are still with twi because of family reasons.

In fact, I know those in twi because they feel too old and tired to look for a knew church.

I know those who seem financially stuck to twi.

Does anyone really follow twi because the love God?

that's really um um um um SICK

--

did i really think that way at one time ? i'm so old it's hard to recall

but nothing comes between you and the word ?????? what the heck ??????

i guess i forgot veepee's lovingkindness

but his stand !!!! oh yes !!!! ha ha ha ha ha barf what a jerk off+

Bolshevik, I know some that are tied for financial reasons too. they gave their whole lives to the ministry and have no skills that will pay outside of the Way. It's really sad. I know and you know that they can break out of it but when you are in the situation and unable to see a way out it can be difficult to realize you can escape.

I went into The Way at about 3 years old or so, meaning that while I wasn't born into TWI, I was certainly raised in it. My siblings were born into TWI. At this point, none of us are in except for our parents, and at least I hope they will leave one day.

None of my siblings go to church at this point and I'm not really sure if any of the others are atheist or not, but I am. To put it simply, the logic I had learned and developed to help me see how TWI is wrong also showed me how religion in general is wrong. Other people are free to have their own beliefs; I don't care what people think as long as they don't force it on me. My wife is Catholic so this gives our child(ren?) a chance to make up their own mind. However, I do think that The Way offers religion in such a purified form that those of us who were raised in it and leave are through with religion for good.

MPM, You are right about being turned off by religion in general. I tried to go back to some church, but I haven't been able to stick with any one group. I always find something I disagree with or can

MPM, You are right about being turned off by religion in general. I tried to go back to some church, but I haven't been able to stick with any one group. I always find something I disagree with or can't tolerate. Truth is I get this ugly feeling in my gut in church settings.

child(ren?)

lol

Yes, this a huge concern I have also. I want to be part of something, but I trust nothing. My critical little twi brain finds a problem with everything. I also want something good to give to my kids so that they can have some type of compass in life.

I know Bolshevic, I am the same way. I want those kiddos to have something to grow up with like I did and the knowledge that I had available to me but I get frustrated with all the churches I have attended. I also hate them coming up to you like you are an infidel, and need to be saved. It's pompous and ticks me off.

Also there is usually a big doctrinal issue I can't tolerate. And I can't sing songs about Jesus being God either. My kids have a good bit of the word but not like I did when I was a kid. And my oldest even though I teach her what the Word says about it thinks homosexuality is ok. Although I have learned not to be offensive toward anyone that has made the choice to engage in homosexuality, and don't shun them because of their choice, I still don't agree with their choices. My oldest on the otherhand believes they can't help it, and that they are born with that trait.

It's hard knowing they won't grow up with what I had, but I can't tolerate the Way either.

I agree mr p mosh....one of the greatest travesties of twi is how many people it has driven away from God.

free and Bolshevik maybe it is just in our little country church, but the methodist church my kiddoes attend in the county are pretty decent.

They have never treated us badly on issues that we disagree on, which are suprisingly few. They focus on loving God and taking care of folks. My kids love it there. Each person is treasured, each feels themselves a work in progress.

What I am saying is....don`t give up on churches, I have found spiritual folks that have had a big impact on my life in different religions.

TWi bred an arrogance in it`s practitioners, sometimes we have to just get over ourselves, in order to see and appreciate the value of what other Christians have to offer.

I personally am already stretched way too thin with work school and kids. I tried to get a local ex way person to do that at one time but he refused. I don't know if I even want to form an offshoot. It's just an ugly feeling that goes with being in organized anything biblical.

I personally am already stretched way too thin with work school and kids. I tried to get a local ex way person to do that at one time but he refused. I don't know if I even want to form an offshoot. It's just an ugly feeling that goes with being in organized anything biblical.

U seem like a kind hearted person who maintained your spiritural integrity nice pic also :)

I am Captain S.

To put it simply, the logic I had learned and developed to help me see how TWI is wrong also showed me how religion in general is wrong. Other people are free to have their own beliefs; I don't care what people think as long as they don't force it on me. My wife is Catholic so this gives our child(ren?) a chance to make up their own mind. However, I do think that The Way offers religion in such a purified form that those of us who were raised in it and leave are through with religion for good.
For me it was more that we were taught not to have faith...that we had proof. Once I realized all I actually had was faith, I realised the whole religion package wasn't for me. Faith (in the religious sense) didn't make sense for me. Of course, if I was raised to have faith I might have accepted that a bit more, but I don't think it would have been any more logical. Many people in our generation are leaning away from religious faith, not just we who were in TWI. It can't all be pinned on them, plus there are plenty that still believe and are still involved with TWI. So I can't agree with you, Rascal, in blaming TWI for our "turning away form God." Perhaps it is more of a cultural thing or just an individual thing.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, this a huge concern I have also. I want to be part of something, but I trust nothing. My critical little twi brain finds a problem with everything. I also want something good to give to my kids so that they can have some type of compass in life.

I dealt with this a little. I have two boys. Before I had kids I thought about this and came to the conclusion that, for me, an all knowing, all powerful, invisible, eye in the sky is not the only way to make sure that your moral compass is always pointing north. In fact, I think that unless we are damaged pretty badly, we all make judgements and choose our paths according to what makes sense to us. Whether it is the general law of love in Christianity or the five tenets of faith in Islam or the sanctity of all life in Budism or secular humanism, we all do what we think makes sense to us based on how we were raised, our education- both formal and experiencial, and to some degree our culture. After all, once you take away the gods and the spirituallism it is all humanism.

How we are raised is a big one. Kids learn by example from an early age. Live a good life, treat your children with love and respect and that is how they will treat others, regardless of your brand of religion. Don't do those things and watch your kid grow up treating others without love and respect. Along the way, give your kids some sound reasoning, expose them to many ideas, cultivate critical thinking and they are well on their way. It isn't about making them obey vs. punishment and eternal judgement, but about teaching them HOW to make the right choices.

That's my take on it.

lol

The (ren?) part is because one is on the way, and who knows how things will turn out after that.

As far as having a moral compass, I now believe that it's just inherent in a person. I am an atheist, rejecting all religions and non-provable beliefs. Yet, I don't kill, steal, or harm people. The bible doesn't give you morality, it's just part of being human. Only sociopaths like LCM and VPW require strict religious rules and fear of burning in Hell to keep them from transgressing against their fellow human beings...and even that didn't work.

So my point is, if you find comfort and value in religion, then that's great. If not, you aren't missing out.

U seem like a kind hearted person who maintained your spiritural integrity nice pic also :)

I am Captain S.

Capain S. Thanks for those kind words. They touched my heart. Sometimes I wonder if God is disappointed in me for not doing more. But I do what I can handle at the moment I suppose. You are sweet, thanks.

Oh and thanks for the compliment on th pic. :redface2:

Edited by FreeAtLast