GreaseSpot Cafe

The Whole Counsel of God's Word

mdsnpp

Since leaving twi many moons ago and then becoming involved again in word study for the last 9 years or so, I see clearly what was missing. The whole counsel of the word of God. I beleive that the unbalanced message taught was one of the most harmful things that was perpetrated and I can see it has turned many away from the Word entirely. I have since learned many wonderful things that I will pass along to those who are interested...the law of action far exceeds the law of beleiving. While our beliefs are important, it is the resulting action that ultimately bears fruit. You can beleive all day to get a certain degree, but sooner or later you'll have to study. I have also found out that we are known by our fruit, not by our gifts, and that display of gifts without fruit ultimately brings shame and destruction. I have learned that we overcome evil with good, again, actions that don't necessarily come easily. I have learned that the great paradox in the kingdom is that in dying to our "old man" every day, we begin to truly live. I have learned that God can release a great number of things to his sons and daughters that He cannot release to his children. Think of it-would you give the car keys to an 8 year old? I have learned that trials and tests are necessary,in fact guaranteed"in this world you will have tribulation". I have learned that before God trusts us in big things, we must prove ourselves faithful in small things. I have learned the secret of water-to-wine miracles:"whatever He says to you , do it". And I have had the satisfaction of beginning to seek Him for who He is, and along the way discovering unprecedented peace, power, joy and fulfillment. But you cannot tap into the life that Jesus dies for you to have without pressing. If you are going to do anything for God, you will regularly do things your flesh would rather not. Just remember though ,the only difference between a lump of coal and a diamond is time and pressure.He will complete the good work He has begun in you. Don't be sidetracked by flawed people in ministry-we are all flawed. I myself have resolved to get on God's plan for my life and see how far I can get before Jesus' return. After all, I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO!!!!!!

Well said!! I should be so wise as to be able to put that into such powerful words. I hope that I don't sound flip or silly, but I feel exacly the same way!! Thankyou for helping me see in writing what I have been thinking for some time now! Sincerely, Smitty

The whole counsel of the word of God.

You mean the whole thing???? Like, Lamentations, and that Jude guy, and the gospels?? Oh my, I thought all those were just ''for our learning?". You mean, everything God says in his Word and not just what is addressed to us?

(tongue firmly planted) :rolleyes:

It's amazing what an eye opening experience it was to actually read the whole bible.... Then to realilize it's all for me, to learn it , and apply it.

No genie in bottle god for me anymore................

nice post.

MDSNPP What a refreshing thread. Could not have said it better. :eusa_clap::eusa_clap::eusa_clap: Hopefully it will take on Godly life of it's own from here on. We can start by praying for Exie, guess she isn't blessed........Oh well............ :rolleyes:

Edited by 1 john 3:1

let's pray that newbies will learn how to use paragraphs before they post :evildenk:

"You are no longer Oakspear. I dubb thee: Mr. Paragraph Patrol.

Who gaurds our literary fortress from all the evils of run-on, squishiness, and non-sensical sentences........ "

Edited by bliss

I'm really interested in hearing the introduction, at least, about what you have to say. I wouldn't presume to know it all.

But, although this is a public board, we are kinda used to doing things a certain way here, and we are kinda used to one another. When one says

We can start by praying for Exie, guess she isn't blessed........Oh well............ :rolleyes:

it makes my feathers ruffle. You haven't been here for all these years and watch her life start out so low she had to reach up to touch bottom - and see her get to where she is today! You have absolutely no idea what that lady endured to get to where she is now.

There are others who also come to mind has having "special trials" but that's immaterial now.

If you want us to listen, present your statements. Most of us will give it a look-see and try to understand your point of view. But mocking one of our long standing citizens will get you know where. You didn't considering it "mocking" - I know that. But we who know her, and others like her, don't take kindly to anything that even looks like a put-down to one of God's most bashed around people. I don't believe you know her story, and I'm not going to go through it now.

I'm asking you to hold all the old time members here in the same high regard we hold each other in. I think that's fair.