GreaseSpot Cafe

Great Moments In Presidential Speeches

GT

A Canadian critizing George DoubleU? Gee, that's new. :wink2: (I'm just ribbin' ya CowGirl... )

Yes, GWB has speech writers but I'm sure there's some of his personality that he brings to the podium. No, he's not the most graceful or refined speaker but he's not as bad as some others we've had in office - but the internet and youtube wasn't around when Nixon was in office... (and I barely was...) I think my favorite speech maker to watch was Ronald Regan - he could tell you that we were going to war and make you feel good about it...

Yes, GWB has speech writers but I'm sure there's some of his personality that he brings to the podium. No, he's not the most graceful or refined speaker but he's not as bad as some others we've had in office - but the internet and youtube wasn't around when Nixon was in office... (and I barely was...) I think my favorite speech maker to watch was Ronald Regan - he could tell you that we were going to war and make you feel good about it...

You don't REALLY believe a professional speechwriter would come up with all the things Bush has said while tripping over the words coming out of his mouth, do you? :biglaugh:

And the speechwriters don't necessarily prepare text for every time he gets before a microphone or behind a podium... but they DO write the major speeches, radio messages, etc.