Why some people don't get the abuse stories

Linda Z

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

icon_smile.gif:)-->

ExC

Yes I mean if something really took place. I believe fact is physical truth, and truth is spiritual fact. Not that I am doubting any of the stories. I know what I have done myself to others for sex and general debauchery. So I have no problem believing the worst in people because that is the nature of things.

Continued on next post.....

I never really saw anything wrong with using someone to the fullest extent possible. Especially when they were so easily taken advantage of. I mean really, it was like shooting fish in a barrel.

It meant nothing to me if someone got hurt in my rampages. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

Does a snake feel guilty for eating a mouse? A crime is a crime though and should be punished.

The truth is what it is, true. Of course the thing that you may conclude to be true I may think a lie or visa versa. We both could be wrong or one of us could be right. But there is truth just as sure as there are lies.

To men facts are true but to God the truth is a fact. When I say truth I am referring to the eternal. For example: infinity is a truth, distance is a fact. Eternity is a truth, time is a fact. Truth just like fact is either accurate or inaccurate, correct or incorrect.

If I say to you I believe the very idea of instituting an establishment of religion is evil unless God instructs you to do it. I fully believe that statement is true but my believing it does not affect the reality of it. It still may not be true or accurate. Nevertheless I believe it is true, therefore I say so.

Nothing is lost or gained in us agreeing because it does not matter except in emotional terms. So the issue of truth in beliefs is only an issue between a man and his God individually.

If I sound like I know the truth it is because I believe I do, not necessarily because I do. But every individual can be soundly persuaded in his or her own heart that they do know the truth even if they are wrong. This was the case with VPW and his idea to start a secular ministry.

early, i think i understand some of what you are saying and agree

i do want to ask about one thing....

quote:
I never really saw anything wrong with using someone to the fullest extent possible. Especially when they were so easily taken advantage of. I mean really, it was like shooting fish in a barrel.

It meant nothing to me if someone got hurt in my rampages. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

Does a snake feel guilty for eating a mouse?

do you feel that way now ?

?

Excathedra said;

"when i initially posted something negative about wierwille at the start of waydale, i got blasted to smitherines. and when i talked about sexual abuse....ohmygod. some people said very cruel things"

Yep, I got blasted too a few times on Waydale by some "wierwillites" who would attack anyone if you dared say anything nagative about "Their father in the word". Rev2 comes to mind, remember him?

Anyway when I said "But I also feel that people should hear the truth." I primarily meant erroneous doctrines as taught by VPW.

Ex, I love your humor, and your posts are always a must read for me, just wanted you to know that. And I certainly don't expect you or anyone else to witness or undershepard here. I hope I didn't give you that impression.

[This message was edited by Outin88! on January 05, 2004 at 23:48.]

quote:
Originally posted by excathedra:

early, i think i understand some of what you are saying and agree

i do want to ask about one thing....

do you feel that way now ?

?

ExC,

No I do NOT. Nobody is going to survive life we all die or will at the least be changed. I am no exception. Although on a purely survival level I would say do what you want to whomever you want to do it to because you don't get another shot at being the one on top.

Your interests are just that yours not mine. And if I have the power to make you do what I want I will use it. On a purely survival level.

However like I said there is no surviving life for anyone so what is the point of being on top or bottom, master or slave. You live today and tomorrow you die. As a human I have the ability to conclude that there is more to life than what can be seen. Because of this fact I can hope and if there is hope for me then there is hope for others also.

Hope for the things of tomorrow has replaced the pointless desires for the things of today. But I am no fool this is not the case for the majority of people who only live for today and what their hand can lay hold to. Anyone who trusts their fellow man is an idiot. Trust God and you will see man for what he is, lost.

Hi Ex, REV2 had a picture of Beavis and used to get into arguments with Groucho Marx, Evan and others that said less then perfect things about VPW.

Anyway, he stopped posting after a while, I think when CFF gave him a job or somthing, but after a year of posting, to his credit, he acknowledged VPW had some sin problems.

But he was one of many "wierwillites" on Waydale, he's just one that I recall.

Why don't they get it?

Because they care more about their sacred

"doctrine" than they do about people.

Same thing goes for hard-core communists, environmentalists, or "whole food" nazis.

Idealism is the real problem. When that flourishes, common sense and empathy go out the window...

geo.

Fence...good point there were many many of us that were *advised* to get abortions.

It was considered an egregious sin to let anything interfere with your ability to serve God.

You are right we never thought of it as a form of abuse....but then one day years and years later ...you wake up stunned at what you did in the name of God.

Though you were bullied into it....though you know that you were left with no options if you loved God....the guilt is consuming...when eventually it dawns on you...you know what YOU did and you know that you can never fix it.

Most of us try to make ourselves forget that it ever happened....try to pretend it was no *biggie* like the mogs said ...just some cells that hadn`t oughtta be there...parasites

After a while you know better... it is a shame...a personal loathing that never quite goes away.

So yeah ....though I didnt realise it at the time.....you could consider it as a form of abuse....a betrayal of trust....These people used the invocation of God`s name and his word to induce us into behavior that was amoral as well as personally abhorrant ... but yet we swallowed our revulsion and complied because we loved God and wanted to be pleasing to him.

Geo Amen and Amen....if only they could see how their sacrid doctrines is yet another form of idolotry.

George Aar said:

Same thing goes for hard-core communists, environmentalists, or "whole food" nazis.

>>

Man there are a couple of hard core health

food stores in my area and from what I can

see they do quite well given that their markup

is outrageous though the customers don't seem

to mind paying triple the cost for "organic"

bananas.

Anyway I'm not here to debate the

merits of "whole foods" living but I can

definitely support the idea that "whole

foods nazis" exist. I usually call them

"yeasty people". Sterotypically one thinks

that these people are sedate, peaceful

people when it seems to be the exact opposite.

I've seen fights at these places , people

verbally abusing each other over whose

master is the best, religious wars about

buddhism vs agnosticism, people claiming

that all food is tainted with chemicals

placed by the government.

I understand that there are some excellent

examples of healthy living and that eating

well is important. But just don't expect to

find many of these good examples at the

health food stores - at least in my area.

BTW EX

Said

quote:
please anyone don't get me wrong when i say this -- because i DEFINITELY believe in putting yourself in another person's shoes and treating them as you would like to be treated --

but i do not feel obligated to witness or undershepherd here at greasespot

i hope that makes sense

She is right. Speak what happened, clear the air of the lies and let people figure it out. We have no obligation to undershepherd here.

I hope they get it and feel for them as well...

Her post made perfect and balanced sense. Many times we have said things like "I used to feel that way." "I was you." "I would have not believed it if it did not happened to me..." Then, we go on to share things and are jumped.

Things we know should be shared. I hope it helps people. I also, at one time, loved Weirwille as the MOG for the world, I defended him to my family, neighbors, church people and friends. I do understand, but what happened happened.

Dot_Matrix.gif

rascal,

Amen and Amen. You just described what happened to me and my only child.

Only, I still believe that the shame will be dealt with one day once and for all whether here on earth or, for sure, when we see the Lord face to face, because, I'm convinced his love will finally wash it away (one place or the other) for good.

Fence