GreaseSpot Cafe

The Secret to His Success is the Blatancy of His Moves

shortfuse

I tried to articulate something to this effect a few months ago. I will try again in a different manner.

It occurs to me that many of the same tactics TWI ascribed to the adversary, they utilized themselves to deceive us. Consider these quotes from LCM's foundational class.

(segment 11, regarding Gen 3:4) "He will lie as big as he can, as quickly as he can. The bigger the lie, the more quickly people buy it and accept it; then the quicker he gets to operating and controling a situation."

Funny. In hindsight, that sounds like a perfect description of his teaching of Genesis 3. "What's that you say, Eve had a lesbian experience with the serpent?" Right, you would lie would you? The Bible is of no private interpretation, so you must not be doing that now. Must be true.

(segment 11, regarding Gen 3:4,5) "The lies stack up so quick, Eve can't control it. That's why you immediately confront the evil thought, confront the adversary no matter what from he comes at you. You've got to get the truth so burning in your soul and take charge of your mind, life, and logic."

The lies stack up so quick. Tell me about it. TWI f*cking buries you. Even if you try to reason your way through it, you will never dig out. Too many lies. The rest would have been good advice if it was directed back at the teacher.

In DTA Craig taught the the key to the adversary's success was the secrecy of his moves. He was supposedly destroying his works by exposing him. Looking back I see irony. Yes, TWI was/is incredibly secretive about other things, but knowingly or unknowningly at times they did it all right in front of you.

Absolutely. They make a statement, then pound on the bible and get all excited about "the anvil of God's Word."

How many times have I (and others) asked a simple queston, "show me from The Word." and leadership just does this dance where they pound with their fists and get all boisterous and start talking about "the truth" and yada yada. Rarely a clear point made.

Debt, the tithe, confrontations, are subjects I know they get upset about. Why?

Absolutely. They make a statement, then pound on the bible and get all excited about "the anvil of God's Word."

How many times have I (and others) asked a simple queston, "show me from The Word." and leadership just does this dance where they pound with their fists and get all boisterous and start talking about "the truth" and yada yada. Rarely a clear point made.

Debt, the tithe, confrontations, are subjects I know they get upset about. Why?

Because they know it's crap! They know it! They don't need you, me or anybody else to tell them; they already know it!

But they still hang onto it because years ago, a man who was probably insane at the time made these idiotic declarations and either intimated or came right out and said this was the word and will of God.

And his sucessor won't come right out and say that it's not, because that would then throw into question and debate every pronouncement, postulation, teaching, preaching, lesson, claim of the miraculous and demand for blind dogmatic adherence and allegiance that organization has ever made - starting with its founder and including every person that has used its foundational materials to expound what they allow as "The rightly-divided word and will of God."

And the one thing that organization is absolutely not set up to withstand is question and debate.

So the minions give the assent to ridiculous policies and dogma, all the while looking for "work-arounds" to get the things they need, because they still have the belief that no one offers the "package" like the Way International, and they don't want to be outside the hedgehog of God's protection. Leadership won't tell you they're having the same problems "working" this as you, because they know "mark and avoid" is still practiced in TWI, regardless of how "kinder and gentler" it is now, and it's hellishly cold outside the walls of Zion.

How the hell have they gotten people to buy into this crap for so long? Maybe that's the key to their success.

I dunno.. I think it was kinda like what Clinton did. It makes sense in a warped sort of way- leave a big enough trail of dead bodies, so to speak, that the media and congress choke themselves in the ensuing feeding frenzy.. of course you don't have time to pause or look back

:biglaugh:

Give them enough whoppers, and argue over every fine point. "I did NOT have sex with this woman.." "define sex".

Maybe loy and crew took a few lessons here.

Only thing though- a lot of people agreed with the strange and ridiculous, including me at one time. By the time you're on to something, and have to sort through so much a pile of "crap", you're better off just burying it and starting over..

Edited by Mr. Hammeroni