GreaseSpot Cafe

Ok, 'Heels lost

oenophile

In the third volume of Walter Clark's Histories of the Several Regiments from North Carolina in the Great War, the author explains that the nickname came from the North Carolina troops ability to hold their ground during a battle. According to the book, North Carolina troops held their ground during a battle in Virginia during the American Civil War while other supporting troops retreated. After the battle, supporting troops asked the victorious North Carolinians: "Any more tar down in the Old North State, boys?" and they replied: "No, not a bit; old Jeff's bought it all up." The supporting troops continued: "Is that so? What is he going to do with it?" The North Carolinian troops' response: "He is going to put it on you'ns heels to make you stick better in the next fight."[2]

Even though I am glad the North won the war.

I congratulate the Hoyas. I hope they win it all in Atlanta and enjoy your time in the sun. After all, I am a Southern gentleman and a proud Tar boiler. I am a good sport and do not want do or say anything to disparage my heritage. Win or lose, I am a Tar Heel born and a Tar Heel bred and when I die, I will be a Tar Heel dead!

I congratulate Coach Roy and the 'Heels on a great season.

Likeaneagle,

Send Wilbur's BBQ. I need a pick me up!!!

Edited by oenophile

Sure was disappointed in the outcome, but what an exciting game to watch. Georgetown just outplayed them the second half and overtime and deserved the win.

Am looking forward to the Final Four games and another fun basketball weekend.

Suda

post-548-1175383014_thumb.jpg

Hey Robin,

Does this work?

Thanks likeaneagle,

For the uninitiated this place is the holy grail for bbq lovers. They cook whole hogs over hardwood coals all night long, mince it in the morning and season with a vinegar and red hot red pepper sauce.

A good heaping scoop of Wilburs barbecue with cole slaw, brunswick stew and hush puppies served iced tea is like ambrosia and nectar of the gods.

It's in my hometown, Goldsboro, North Carolina.

Robin

Edited by oenophile