GreaseSpot Cafe

Just In Case

FullCircle

This morning my router from the cable company refused to work and I had no internet service. I unplugged, rebooted, re plugged, yelled and reset everything and then had to call the cable company who had me do the whole thing all over again just to finally believe me that the router is no good. I can expect service on Thursday.

Well we have a storm coming up and my dog who is paranoid of thunder shoved her 90lb body under my computer desk and sat on all the wires. It started to work again?????????

It is not working well at all, taking forever to download but I just wanted to let you know in case it doesn't hold up, that is why I am not around until cable brings me a new router.

We have three machines in our house so we too have a router. Every now and then, all we get is "cannot find server------Check connections, yada,yada,yada." I look at all the connections but never find anything amiss and disconnecting/ reconnecting does nothing. Hours later, out of the blue, Shazam!, everything is fine. I haven't the foggiest idea what causes it but basic logic seems to tell me its outside the system in my home. I also had that "slow" problem until my son did the latest Firefox upgrade. I think I'm beginning to understand what my grandparents(big Lawrence Welk fans) must have felt like the first time they heard Jimi Hendrix play "The Star Spangled Banner". :confused:

This morning my router from the cable company refused to work and I had no internet service. I unplugged, rebooted, re plugged, yelled and reset everything and then had to call the cable company who had me do the whole thing all over again just to finally believe me that the router is no good. I can expect service on Thursday.

Well we have a storm coming up and my dog who is paranoid of thunder shoved her 90lb body under my computer desk and sat on all the wires. It started to work again?????????

It is not working well at all, taking forever to download but I just wanted to let you know in case it doesn't hold up, that is why I am not around until cable brings me a new router.

Here's what you do until Thursday....

Get a "Sounds of Nature" CD, with a thunder storm track on it...

Load it into your nearest CD player or play it on your computer...

When the 90lb dog shoves her body under your desk for safety, then you're safe to go on line...

Problem solved!