GreaseSpot Cafe

VPW didn't steal anybody's ideas

Lone Wolf McQuade

:dance: "I'm a little fishy swimming in tha sea. . .

Oh! Look! A worm on a hook!

:thinking: Maybe just a nibble. After all, I know there's a hook, so they ain't foolin' me

It's just the meat of the worm I'm after.

(nibble nibble nibble nibble. . . .YANK!)

what was that?! No. . . wait!!

I justed wanted some of the worm! Nooo! :asdf:

Spit it out! Spit it out! :redface:

NOoooo!!!

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know my above post is rather silly but then the underlying context of this thread is just as silly; even more so since it has been so many years that most of us were involved in TWI and yet, out of everything that happened, out of every human life that was touched either for the good or for the worse, of all the lives lost in accidents of one shape or another, jobs lost or quit, people marrying and having children, hauling our asses all over the country, family ties and old friends ties severed sometimes for ever, it seems that the most some care about above all things is NOT how people are surviving, if families reunited or if it was too late, like death happening, if people ever got re-established and could learn how to trust themselves again and maybe some days others who say they teach the gospel of Jesus Christ, no it's not that we are worried about but whether or not we still believe VP and if VP's rep as a MOG is still intact or if we are rejecting him.

This is a joke, right? And some still don't see TWI as the destructive cult it is????????//

I know my above post is rather silly but then the underlying context of this thread is just as silly; even more so since it has been so many years that most of us were involved in TWI and yet, out of everything that happened, out of every human life that was touched either for the good or for the worse, of all the lives lost in accidents of one shape or another, jobs lost or quit, people marrying and having children, hauling our asses all over the country, family ties and old friends ties severed sometimes for ever, it seems that the most some care about above all things is NOT how people are surviving, if families reunited or if it was too late, like death happening, if people ever got re-established and could learn how to trust themselves again and maybe some days others who say they teach the gospel of Jesus Christ, no it's not that we are worried about but whether or not we still believe VP and if VP's rep as a MOG is still intact or if we are rejecting him.

This is a joke, right? And some still don't see TWI as the destructive cult it is????????//

Um,

Yes there are still people who believe vpw was God's man and therefore believe in being loyal to twi. I believe it's because vpw invented a form of doctrine that appears to fit everything together and some haven't scrutinized it enough to see if and where it breaks down.

Some also seem to believe vpw was God's man but his ministry went south. (vpw did say God would teach him the word yada yada

AND that this would never be reveiled to ONE MAN again.) So there still those of us carrying vpw's doctrines around like they've found good furniture at the dump.

That's where the fish analogy and jokes come in.

???

Um,

Yes there are still people who believe vpw was God's man and therefore believe in being loyal to twi. I believe it's because vpw invented a form of doctrine that appears to fit everything together and some haven't scrutinized it enough to see if and where it breaks down.

Some also seem to believe vpw was God's man but his ministry went south. (vpw did say God would teach him the word yada yada

AND that this would never be reveiled to ONE MAN again.) So there still those of us carrying vpw's doctrines around like they've found good furniture at the dump.

That's where the fish analogy and jokes come in.

???

My fish joke was a take off on the tongue in cheek, satirical fish jokes that were used as an analogy of TWI doctrine. It came in as a response to some one's statment referring to such. Read back a page or two, it's where it started, if that is what your question marks mean. My joke was just that, a joke, to lighten things up as my Pandora's box joke was on the Hermophites thread (however it's spelled). I do that from time to time. Joke. I am also known to break out into song and dance at odd times as well ;)

How much time does one need to scrutinize? My point was, at this point, with all the testimony here, all the court cases and other Ex Way sites, the carnage is evident and clear and yet we still seem to find the same arguments in defense of VP. My point is what DID TWI teach us that have so many still, at this point in their lives unable to see all that and still defend VP.

It is beyond the norm of rational thinking. I am not talking about those who are in the process of beginning their search and investigations, my question was aimed at those who have been out quite awhile and have been faced with all the ramifications and ripple effects of TWI--does that make sense?

I just had a thought, even VP did not cut his opponents the same slack as some here would like to extend to him. In the PFAL class VP consistently put down the Protestants for their beliefs; soul sleep, souls being immortal part of man and all that. He did not openly thank God that Jesus was preached, regardless of other doctrines taught that he did not agree with. He did not suggest that others take the meat and spit out the bones. He mocked churches and their doctrines and spent one entire class night about how Mary Muggins, Johnny Jump Up had different opinions in Sunday school and there fore made three new denominations (and in a bad way he meant it) or how according to him, Protestants screwed up Eli Eli llama a mama because they wanted to sell more bibles and how he wouldn't go to church with so and so because they had so many burdens on their back in trying to help people--envision VP hunching over as he mockingly poked at the average Christian/Protestant taking on the burdens of others and then said with disdain, "I wouldn't go to church with you either."

Now there are some who want us to cut him slack? How much slack or grace did he extend to the outside Christian world? None. Now he needs some? Ha, tough. With the same measure he judged, let him be judged back. VP himself made it clear that he would not go where there was what he considered error. He would not go where he considered inaccurate biblical research. Remember how he bragged how he and his family went to some church and one by one they got up and left cause they couldn't take it (how rude). Again, everything and anything to separate and mock those who differed from him and to effectively build up walls in our minds that there was no place to go outside of TWI or make it seem like that to us. How about when they were getting slain in the spirit and he went down the aisle and kicked them and they sat up? Too bad if that story wasn't true, they didn't arrest him for assault.

How many stories and one liners from PFAL and other classes and teachings can we come up with that VP attacked with out mercy the Christian world, and how he egged on a division between them and us? It was on purpose. Now that he's been exposed, his teachings were bogus, copied and stolen, we're to give him credit? Let's go by his example that he left. He gets the same credit that he gave everyone else.

Nada.