GreaseSpot Cafe

HOME SECURITY SYSTEM

WhiteDove

I hate paying that bill every month for the alarm system. I'm thinking of trying this method.

HOW TO INSTALL A HOME SECURITY SYSTEM

1. Go to a second-hand store and buy a pair of men's used size 14-16 workboots.

2. Place them on your front porch, along with a copy of Guns & Ammo magazine.

3. Put a few giant dog dishes next to the boots and magazine.

4. Leave a note on your door that reads:

Hey Bubba. Big Jim, Duke and Slim went for more ammunition. Back in an hour. Don't mess with the pit bulls--they attacked the mailman this morning and messed him up real bad. I don't think Killer took part in it but it was hard to tell from all the blood. Anyways, I locked all four of 'em in the house. Better wait outside.

God first

Beloved WhiteDove

God loves you my dear friend

I got a home Security video Cam outside that I got at Wal-mart for $67.00 about

its in plan site for all to see it there

but I am not recording but no one knows that but us

I no longer have to answer the door for sales people or Witnessers if I am doing something

I watch it in picture in a picture at times on my TV

I watch for the mail if I am looking for something

I watch the trash men because they torn up my old trash can but they replaced it after I went to the BBB and let them know I had them on video

I had a $10.00 can and now I got a $100.00 can

thank you

with love and a holy kiss blowing your way Roy

My neighborhood has a great approach to stop crime. Part of our homeowners association dues pay for our security monitoring, and all the builders in the area install security systems as part of the house by default. The advertisements for houses outside of the neighborhood list this as one of the features in big letters so any criminals passing by can see.

Theoretically, if you're looking to rob someone, you'd see the signs and drive away to some other neighborhood where alarm monitoring isn't on 100% of the houses. We also have off-duty cops that patrol the neighborhood at night as part of the HOA dues.

Of course, I also own guns, which is a backup just in case, but hopefully everything else prevents the necessity of it.

when I worked at a hospital in Dallas, one of our female single radiologists used to keep he bullseye (with very accurate shots) just inside the front door window for all to see.

When we lived in Memphis, I had my target practice sheet taped to my back door leading to our garage. My nephew (big hunter) came down and could not believe that I had it on the door!!!

We also had a security system even though we lived in an exclusive area.

I am so glad to be back in my quiet little hometown!!

That's funny, WD, but not terribly far-fetched. When I used to go camping alone occasionally, I'd go to the local Goodwill and buy the biggest pair of men's shoes I could find so I could park 'em outside my tent. I also borrowed a friend's large dog. I'm still here to tell the story, so I guess it was a good plan. :)