GreaseSpot Cafe

GLUE

Cowgirl

I have a collection of heart shaped rocks that I have been collecting and I want to glue them to the lip of my bathtub for display, so we're talking about about ceramic, plastic and stone. I need a really good glue that drys quickly and is pretty durable, can anyone suggest a glue that will stick all three of those with no problem?

Thanks

Cowgirl

Construction glue. Comes with many names but it is a glue used, obviously in construction. You find it in the "Caulking" section of a hardware store. Comes in a long tube and you apply it with a caulking gun. Barring that see if they have a "Gorilla" glue that meets your specs. Their wood glue is awsome!

Good luck, sounds like fun!

Assuming that the stones will eventually get so scuzzy and impossible to clean that you'll want to remove them, I would be careful about using anything real powerful, like some of the construction adhesives. I wouldn't be surprised if they would pull the glazing right off the tub when you tried to chisel it away. Any plastic wouldn't stand a chance.

Some silicone caulk would be simple.

Hey Cowgirl,

I think Rhino is right...It may be a better plan to caulk them on ...clean them and re-calk them as often as you clean them; Then you don't have any permanent damages. Whenever you want to change them you can easily do that too. Either way it sounds like it will look great.

Have You ever thought about hanging some from fish lines, cords or chains..... on your shower pole or door, mirror or window? Just some ideas. :redface2: It is fun to design...have a great time! Kinda light prism or light catchers. Sounds a bit romantic!!

Hey Cowgirl is there a new man in your life with the colonge thread and this?? Hope so!

Love You Cowgirl, RG

Thanks Eyesopen, Rhino and Rainbowsgirl for your suggestions, I ended up going with the strongest glue possible even if it means the walls come down when I go to remove them, lol!! As for cleaning them I just use the shower head and spray them down. aleast they're not going to budge!!

Rainbowsgirl................as far as your question goes, the answer is yes, he's a real sweetheart, :redface2:

Cowgirl

goop is good... there's marine goop which works well in bathrooms and other wet areas...

by the way... since you're so fond of these rocks, why not find a nice bowl or something you can stick them to and make a soap dish out of them - like a mosequic (sp?) type of thing?

Just a thought...