GreaseSpot Cafe

Protocol

Danny

When Wierwille taught "Born again to serve"...What he really meant was that you were born again to serve HIM...

The protocol of twi always centered around the concept of the religious hierarchy known as the way tree...(or as some of us refer to as the tree of rotten fruit)...it was considered proper protocol to stand up when a "twi leader" entered the room...of course nobody ever stood up when you or I entered the room... this was symbolic and a constant reminder (as were so many other twi protocols) that you were a worthless schmuck who would be told what to think and how to act.

I wonder what the protocol was when a yooung lady was taken into the motorcoach...did they open the door for her and allow her to enter first?...or was she required to allow the man of God to enter first and then she followed?...or maybe they just carried her feet first after she was drugged?

I'm not suprised you beat me to this Groucho..

:biglaugh:

Reminds me of the older "Inlaws"movie, had Alan Arkin and Peter Faulk.. Peter Faulk is explaining to Allen when they meet the dictator "and don't say ANYTHING about the scar.." "what scar".." Just ignore it".

When they meet.. "A Z?"

you have to see it in the original..

:biglaugh:

I still have problems with this protocol nonsense.. I've almost gone to the other extreme, and deliberately insult these sycophants..

Now I'd put salt tablets, carefully cut into precise quarters in a crystal tray, for the visiting mogster.

I have been know to simply sit down when one of them enters the room..

I can't bring myself to call these jokers "reverand".. just can't..

"You may call me Reverand"

"Only after I slap you a couple of times.."

My understanding from reading here and talking to others about what went on in the nineties, is that it became even more outlanding in the "laws" that were put into place regarding the treatment of leadership.

Not just the standing when they came into a room, chair stringing, 10 minutes early was being on time, etc. that was part of my time in TWI; but things as mundane as dictating that the chairs they sat in must be Queen Anne style, ther positioning in the room, the number of breath mints, the positioning of water glasses, and on and on.

I still find it amazing that a ministry that cried "Grace!" at every turn to justify the most obscene of conduct, had, as part and parcel of its doctrines, laws that covered the most minute of human actions. Talk about tithes of mint and cummin!

My understanding from reading here and talking to others about what went on in the nineties, is that it became even more outlanding in the "laws" that were put into place regarding the treatment of leadership.

Not just the standing when they came into a room, chair stringing, 10 minutes early was being on time, etc. that was part of my time in TWI; but things as mundane as dictating that the chairs they sat in must be Queen Anne style, ther positioning in the room, the number of breath mints, the positioning of water glasses, and on and on.

I still find it amazing that a ministry that cried "Grace!" at every turn to justify the most obscene of conduct, had, as part and parcel of its doctrines, laws that covered the most minute of human actions. Talk about tithes of mint and cummin!

What's even stranger is that in the original class VPW made a BIG FRIGGIN' DEAL that it didn't matter where the flowers went on an altar - or even if there were flowers.

I thought I was getting rid of a lot of waybrain--but have recently been reminded of all the protocol stuff.

I go to a church now. Twice within the last month I have been seated in a room when the senior pastor has walked in--and I had to fight the urge to stand up! (This pastor doesn't even LIKE to be called pastor. He goes by PJ for Pastor John as a compromise. He acts more like a genuine pastor than anyone I have ever known)