GreaseSpot Cafe

I was so hungry to find God that I...

Imagine

But that is a valid point. Am I merely writing my own religion? Perhaps. If nothing else really works or makes sense to an individual, why not "roll your own"?

Does the thought of not being anchored to a particular philosophy or belief really frighten people? I think so..

Edited by Mr. Hammeroni

Why don't I fit in any one place?

Well..

The Pentecostalists would accuse me of being possessed, or a spiritist.

the spiritualists would think I'm just nuts..

The conservatives think I'm way too liberal on some stuff..

the liberals would have issues with the thought I voted for George Jr. the first time around..

:biglaugh:

But I could find a point that I would agree with any of the above, just not the same one..

:biglaugh:

I think.. if anybody has a REAL "monopoly" on God.. it has to be all of us, collectively..

...how interesting...

It's so refreshing to think for oneself, isn't it, and not want to fit in...

having a monopoly on God is tongue in cheek I suppose...

is if anyone could...

Edited by WOG

• 2 weeks later...

been reading "Drawing Near" by John Bevere, and last nite I when reading I was reminded how our hunger for the Lord is our responsibility, and filling that hunger is His. (If we fill up on junk food we won't be hungry for the good stuff.)

I believe the Lord is still able to find us where we live. He knows our address and is able to find a way into our hearts.

And each of us has an individually tailored curriculum in His school.

(I no longer toss out the concept of "testing", and I believe that Abraham was tested by the Lord with the request to sacrifice his beloved Isaac.)

So my yearning to know in the category of finding God is, "Are you still on a quest to draw near to God?"