GreaseSpot Cafe

hq\\

YIdon'tgotochurch

I've had a few different names in here. I can't remember them. It really doesn't matter now. In fact, it didn't matter at the time I changed my names because no one knew who I was and I rarely made any waves with my posts.

Then in 2006, I forgot my password and had problems getting logged on. So, I changed my name to "YIdon'tgotochurch". Few people ever saw my complete name...especially in the chat rooms. So, people just called me "Y" or "YID". I got a kick out of that.

After having this name for over a year, I'm going to follow a suggestion someone made and shorten it to 'YID'.

I have nothing against people of the Jewish persuasion, but I'm not a Jew. I sure hope none of you think I speak or type Yiddish because your'e going to be sorely disappointed.

I've had a few different names in here. I can't remember them. It really doesn't matter now. In fact, it didn't matter at the time I changed my names because no one knew who I was and I rarely made any waves with my posts.

Then in 2006, I forgot my password and had problems getting logged on. So, I changed my name to "YIdon'tgotochurch". Few people ever saw my complete name...especially in the chat rooms. So, people just called me "Y" or "YID". I got a kick out of that.

After having this name for over a year, I'm going to follow a suggestion someone made and shorten it to 'YID'.

I have nothing against people of the Jewish persuasion, but I'm not a Jew. I sure hope none of you think I speak or type Yiddish because your'e going to be sorely disappointed.

Shucks --if Abi doesn't complain, you're home free!! :biglaugh:

Actually, perhaps Bolshevik belongs there, ... as their director.

((still snickering))

:B)

SNICKERING -- (verb) -- one who *snickers*.

I looked up *snickering* in the dictionary, and found this photo beside it.

highres_473340.jpg

(P.S. --I deliberately disabled the link to your on-line photo, but it still fits.)

I didn't have your permission to post your pic, so I won't.

Snicker away. :)

Edited by dmiller

Linda,

I do show respect for other people right to their opinion. Please notice the distinction between that, and criticizing the content of said opinions. ... Also keep in mind that Bolshevik dished out (at the concept of evolution, and those who accept it) as good as he got.

Is that simple enough?

And all I jokingly suggested was that Bolshevik be made director of that Kentucky museum. ... Wow! Big hate crime! :rolleyes:

Is that simple enough?

And if you were really keeping up, you'd realize that I did apologize for the earlier remark where I did go over the line.

Is that simple enough?

Wet blanket alert....

I am not Jewish, but my understanding is that "yid" is a pejorative term. To notice that your username could be abbreviated to that is amusing. But to want to keep it as a username would be bad taste, IMHO.

Insert any other nasty slang term for a minority, and I think you'll see what I mean.

Your name might just send a message you don't want to send. Not like my name -- now, EVERYbody understands my username! :rolleyes:

Edited by shazdancer

I had some password problems but Paw was able to help me out.

If I had known there was a history with my user name, I would have just used, "Y".

I guess it's not too late. But I'll try this one for a while.