GreaseSpot Cafe

Best Hiding Places at Emporia

DogLover

Some of you spoke of signing the elevator shaft in Kipp. Wasn't there a place in Anderson Library that people signed, too? Anyone know if the signatures are still there?

And also, one thing of note was that when Vince Finnegan had been a young hoodlum in New York, he'd been sent to The C of E, and his signature was up at the top of Anderson Library also. Anybody else remember that? I seem to remember going up there to see it one time. It was up in this dome like deal...

Yep, I remember Vince Finnegan was like the only person in TWI who had ever been a student at the old College of Emporia. And yes, the signatures were in the dome of Anderson Library, on the wall there.

Edited by Catcup

Thinking back on time at Emporia, I remembered the absolute best "hide-out". My last year in-rez in the 9th Corps, I was on faculty for the Greek class. G*ne Sl*vit, me and a 6th corps guy whose name escapes me were the faculty team. Being able to "hang out" in the faculty lounge was almost like dying and going to heaven. I can still get excited just thinking about it.

It was beautifully decorated, had comfortable couches, TV, air-conditioning, all the food, snacks and soda you could imagine. And, I could invite my friends in to hang out with me and watch TV. It was really the ultimate, after being deprived of all these comforts for so long, to have them for a couple of weeks was amazing. The only sad part was after the class was over, not being able to go in there any more. I would pass it by with longing, looking to get a glimpse inside.

Was the faculty lounge that room off the kitchen? Or was that something else? I just remember setting that room up with M&Ms and cookies and stuff. But it was a very large and fancy room, so it might have just been something they used for special receptions...

Somehow I missed the "sexual conquest" in JL's post. Just as I did not see any in Out There's post. All I saw was some young people enjoying "make out" time. Sounds quite normal to me.

Think the idea for a hiding place is for privacy, whether in solitude or with other(s). Given the age group at Emporia, bet there was lots of normal, proper, healthy, romancing going on.

Suda

Edited by Suda