GreaseSpot Cafe

Whaddoyaknow? It IS all about me...

MATILDA

Traffic was smooth and the lights were with me, so I turned into the GreaseSpot today...lol...WOW!

Historically, I have rarely moved out of the Open Forum, so I really got no further than the thread about

"top posters," or something and followed the bread crumbs to...of all things...lol...me.

This cyber world totally amazes me!

PAWTUCKET...you da man...the ultimate duffmeister! You truly have done a yeoman's service in setting up, keeping up, mutating and evolving this site...THANK YOU.

I am speaking from a totally selfish POV here...lol...I must admit. Here's why.

I accessed the MATILDA file...jumped right into that rabbit hole...and got quite a ride. Reading past posts reminded me of so many things...some very major things...and my perspective on them. It was like reading someone else. I made me laugh alot...lol...lol. I encouraged my own damn self more than a few times...like it wasn't even something I wrote, but rather, some "word fitly spoken" by someone else for me.

Kind of like a lazy man's journaling. I wish I could print it out and bind it for posterity.

Oh hubris, thy name is Tilda...

Very Twilight Zone...where's Rod?

It took an hour to read me, never adding more time by referring back to the archived thread that each post was a part of...I remembered most. Pretty sure it would take days and daze to read some spoonsters collections, as so many are so much more prevalent in GSC.

It would be incredible to read Waydale stuff again, I think...but whew! What a trip that would be.

Surely have met some wonderful, wonderful folk here...Zbabes, musical footwear, NE adventurers, Shellbert and so so many worthwhile lovelies...Satori and Larry...sush, aerial porcine, a few terrific felines, and so many that really were/are a part of a rather cool journey.

Nice reflections from the pool.

Thanks, Paw, thanks.

I wonder if there's a Hallmark card for this kind of thing...

X

tpfka M

Matilda,

Its good to see your font even if its not too often now-a-days. You'll post and then take off for a while. I remember the WayDale days too and I think those threads are archived somewhere. So are things OK with you? C'mon and post a little more often. There are lots of new folks and of course those we see once in a blue moon.

sudo

indeed...by far among the best posts-outta-da-blue ive ever seen here

such a sign of the times and significant sense of style

like some authentic hypertextual expression of one's eye-opening intersubjective baptism in this transpersonal pool of cyberspace we got going on here

or something like it

bravo

Edited by sirguessalot