GreaseSpot Cafe

Good Times In Twig

Deciderator

when i was a youngin' in da werd, twigs basically consisted of the following: not wanting to hug people, getting in trouble for not hugging people, hoping not to get called upon to SIT, having to listen to other people FAKE SIT (and being totally creeped out by it), not being able to find bible verses quick enough, hoping i didn't get made an example of by unknowingly wearing the wrong shirt or having a less-than-blessed expression on my face, being totally bored out of my mind! and the constant fear of getting whacked by the spoon, er rod... so uhhh letsseee... twig sucked!

Friday night a buddy and I would go over to a restaurant and get several dozen raw oysters and beer go back to the twig leaders house and have a fun time.

I was great because all we wanted to do was worship together and be friends.

No pressure.

Before we all moved on to "bigger' things, a bunch of us locals(guys only) would get together on Friday nights to watch the late nite horror flick(which was hosted by a guy who wore a white lab coat, fright wig and sunglasses with one lens missing.)

No beer or weed. "Dem's da rules".

Just "Si" and "Za"(Pep-Si and piz-Za)

We met in the upstairs bedroom of a guy who played drums, Paul C**per.( May he rest in peace.)

( I think he played in Branded in later years.)

We called it the *boud* (Short for boudoir).

It was all just good, unsupervised fun.

Oh, wait, I almost forgot , we actually did have one official rule:

No manies, prayers, teachings or doctrinal discussions!

Sigh.---- I guess that doesn't actually qualify as a *twig* memory but it is a memory of good time spent with *twig* people.

And, as the TV host used to say at the end of his show:

"Hey,grrroup!---Stay sick, turn blue and scratch glass!"

In my opinion, that's where the best times were, and where the real love was, face to face on a local basis.

Yeah, that's where it's at, yesterday, today and tomorrow.

And when there was a bump in the road with someone in the twig you loved, wasn't it all the sweeter when things were worked out?

Let's not get away from fellowshipping with each other in God's love.

Like I said in other threads, I credit God with the inspiration and the unity and the love and the good times we shared together. When I look back on those good times, it had nothing to do with the (ugh) "man" VPW, the organization, classes, or programs of TWI. It had to do with the unity of the spirit and the body of Christ working together to bless and honor one another. NOT honoring an organization. And as far as I am concerned, we had fun in spite of TWI, not because of them. .

As for me, I never was interested in the organization. I just wanted a better understanding of God's Word.

I got that from a wonderful selfless twig coordinator who had a lot of love and a lot of patience with me.

I recall a number of times he would walk in the room and give a look, like he'd noticed a picture was hanging

crookedly on the wall.

A couple of times he muttered, "I never get to teach what I want to."

At those times that Word would ring like a bell for me.

Though I was out of the loop in terms of the organization, and I understand what you said, catcup, if it weren't for TWI I would not have met this wonderful twig coordinator who did so much for me.

Perhaps I would have gotten andwers somewhere else, I can't say.

But whar I can say is TWI sent WOWs to my town and they made a difference in my life and I have not forgotten how grateful I am for that.